Loring ME LSR racing. Nice picture

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
I know there have been some good photos of the new Loring Maine AFB area since they started running Land Speed Racing...I don't know if this one has been circulated and viewed but I thought it was a great picture of the base~!~

This was sent to me by the wife of one the "Pro" teams

Loring Maine air shot.jpg

Last edited:
I studdied that picture alot before the first event. It really doesn't do it justice. You have to be there live to really understand the size of this place. :bowdown: I keep telling everyone that Loring is THE PLACE FOR LSR. :cheerleader:

I want to know how they got it approved...? I tried getting something like that going at WPAFB in Dayton OH and my commander at the time was essentially laughed at by public affairs due to the liability... :(

It's no longer an air force base but owned by the local commerce. That may have been a factor in the approval. They've held lots of events/concerts on their site so it wasn't to much of a stretch to have a LSR event.

Hmm....so there are zero flight ops in/out of the field...? I can't wait to get up there and finally run on 1.5-miles... :laugh: :thumbsup:

jeez. looks fun fellas. maybe someday i can convince the wife. gonna save up for full leathers and a turbo.

Back