Loring and tires

cwalker2

Registered
Hey folks,

For those that have run at Loring:

What tires are you running?

The record in MPS/G 1350/4 is over 221 (hard to be certain as the list of records is in order of occurrence rather than class - so one has to sort through quite a few records to find it). According to LTA-LSR rules tires must be rated for the record in the class, so I'd have to run tires higher rated than my ZR rated Michelin Pilot Powers (LTA rules list ZR acceptable up to 200) if I read that correctly.

I know I'll be lucky to approach 200, but rules dictate the higher rated tires since the record is higher. Hence my question to the fast guys.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I'm thinking ZR is the best you can do, but I've never ran LSR so I'll let the experts come in.

There's probably a Q&A FAQ section, but you could PM these members tricktom1, Got-Busa?, outlawbusa, piratediverjefff, 2fast4u2c ........

Thanks Robert.

Just heard back from the Motorcycle tech director. It's ambiguous the way the manual is written, but with his help the clarification is: ZR rated within the past 10 years of manufacture up to 200 mph. For 200+ (Which is the requirement/class record for any Busa with a pipe) ZR rated - manufactured in the last 10 years - and must sign a tire waiver.

Back