loose brake pad

grabntwist

The one who started it all
Donating Member
Registered
Just the other day I was riding and had to slow down really-REALLY hard from high triple digit speeds. After I got hope and tore the bike down for clean up (common ritual) I noticed the right outer brake pad is loose within the caliper. I know the Busa has a full floating brake set up but only this pad is really sloppy. The others have no where near the excessive play this one has. Anyone got info. thanks in advance. Grab.

Grab,
Maybe you have grunge in your caliper pistons. I'm shooting in the dark here. Were they up against the pads? I am getting ready to dissassemble and clean my calipers soon, so I'd be interested in what you learn. I'll stay tuned.

Grab,
 Maybe you have grunge in your caliper pistons.  I'm shooting in the dark here.  Were they up against the pads?  I am getting ready to dissassemble and clean my calipers soon, so I'd be interested in what you learn.  I'll stay tuned.
Not sure. My bikes has only seen mild rain once, stays in the house and get scrubbed clean after every ride. My calipers are as clean as new. I actually came acrossed it while cleaning the beast. I know my rotors are not warped although they do have some hot spots. Braking is not at all affected and I have a little less than half pad life left. Not sure. I will tell you its a great excuse to tear in to the old Bus' braking system and replace with PVM radial mount masters and calipers. Overkill? Yes. Pricey? definatly. No one ever said having the baddest as Busa came cheap. I'll keep you posted.

Back