LOOKY, LOOKY -goodies for the Camaro

gotgixers

Registered
Well, almost everything is here to convert the Camaro from a bottle fed baby to running a set of hair dryers, draw through(2 holley 950 HP's), 40lbs boost, with an instant spool Co2 system. Can't wait. Check out this cam baby..... it's .702" lift int./ .722" lift exh. Dart Cast iron heads, 2.08 int / 1.62 exh. valves. 4340 billet crank. Oliver rods w/ 1/2" bolts, custom made Aries pistons, just a few good parts....And yes, it's for my small block. Should make upwards of 1400 HP on 40 lbs. It only made just over 1000 HP on the bottle.( and ran 8.50's in the mid 160's) So maybe I can get it back into the high 7's again.(1 summer it had a blown alky injected big block in it,1380 HP, but then I couldn't compete in the street class)

img227.jpg

1 head and the crank, and,no, one journal is not burnt, it's just the lighting.The cooling jacket ports are full of goo though. From 2 seasons of water pump lube and water wetter. YUK!

img238.jpg

Very nice, but doesn't Co2 put OUT fires? a two step, with the proper converter should spool it instantly w/o any help, also let you build boost off the line.

What are you going to use for intercooling? I'm assuming it's going to be chemical since your using a drawthrough?

Im a big fan of 2D gen Camaros. I hve a 2000SS my self, stock internals, mostly suspension stuff to include koni single adjustalbles. Id love to get into a reliable LSX powered 70-71 with the bumperettes. Hugger orange of course!

Gotta love the wrinkle of those MTs! I suck at the strip. Best time: 13.00 at 106mph with 2.0 60'.

Very nice, but doesn't Co2 put OUT fires? a two step, with the proper converter should spool it instantly w/o any help, also let you build boost off the line.

What are  you going to use for intercooling? I'm assuming it's going to be chemical since your using a drawthrough?
You use Co2 to instantainiously spool the turbine to full boost, at the release of the trans-brake. It will leave at a full 40 lbs and finish at a full 40 lbs, through a boost sensing circuit that automatically keeps the boost at a constant 40 psi. Intercooling is via compressed air.

Yea, I already have a 2 step and an custom built( for forced induction)8" converter

who modified the turbos for a draw through or did the come with the seals installed already?

I put the seals in. I rebuild/modify all my own turbo's. Been playin with them since about '86. Remeber the GLH, Shadow, and Shelby?? I've had at least one of each.Had a 10 sec GN for a while.I still own a '91 Talon TSI awd. All the normal mods and then some. It runs 11.90's off the bottle.

I put the seals in. I rebuild/modify all my own turbo's. Been playin with them since about '86. Remeber the GLH, Shadow, and Shelby?? I've had at least one of each.Had a 10 sec GN for a while.I still own a '91 Talon TSI awd. All the normal mods and then some. It runs 11.90's off the bottle.
aww ok, most do not know about the seals till after the first set of bushings/bearing are toast..

I did a lot of BGN turbo work, mostly putting the TO4 housings on the O3 compressors (Kenny at TurboAutoDiesel from Phx did the turbos for me)

Did a lot of extra injector/intercooler stuff on them as well as the Mitu 3000's and Stealths.. Big $$

I was never too impressed with the Shadow/Shelby Chrysler stuff, but sure changed a lot of them.. (coked oil lines)

Where do your exhaust manifolds come from? Sort of a long run since the Rayjay setups
smile.gif

Back