Looks like I'm going to be late to work today

Professor

Hayabusa Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Found this when I went to get in my truck this morning.

tree0.jpg

tree1.jpg

tree2.jpg

tree3.jpg

tree4.jpg

Dang!. That sucks (well not about the not going into work late part) but the tree is def. in the wrong place.

Hey Professor ... what's a TRE?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

<marquee>Sorry dude. That was just too good of a joke to pass up.</marquee>

Dang! Look at all that space in front and behind the truck. Yet still, it managed to find your truck. How's the damage? It looks like you were spared the thicker part of it.

That does indeed suck, even if you come out of it with just scratches. Given the situation it'll be a good thing, but at the end of the day your truck will still be scratched to hell.
sad.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Ugh - sorry to hear, Rick!
sad.gif
Hope you don't have too much damage to your truck.

(rubbersidedown @ Jun. 29 2007,08:23) Beautiful looking house and property Rick  
bowdown.gif
Ditto...that's a very nice place! Hopefully the damage isn't too bad....too bad about that beautiful tree, too.

cut the tree up and we'll all come over and roast some marshmallows on the bonfire
beerchug.gif

on the serious side, sorry about your truck...hope it isn't too bad

(Red05 @ Jun. 29 2007,06:31)
(rubbersidedown @ Jun. 29 2007,08:23) Beautiful looking house and property Rick  
bowdown.gif
Ditto...that's a very nice place! Hopefully the damage isn't too bad....too bad about that beautiful tree, too.
I was thinking the same thing. hope your truck isn't too badly damaged.

My buddy made the mistake of telling me he was going to be off today. I called him. He and his son came over and we worked on it between rainstorms. It took a bit longer to get cut truck out with out making it worse. But, it looks like the truck came out pretty good. I'll have to go wash it after work to get a better look.

The Stihl made short work of it. I'll have to swap to a 20in bar to cut the main trunk down and make smaller pieces out of it. I know what I'll be doing this weekend instead of tuning for the new installed airbox in the Busa!

Thanks for the good words.

tree_47.jpg

tree_48.jpg

tree_51.jpg

tree_58.jpg

tree_62.jpg

tree_66.jpg

tree_69.jpg

Wow looks like the truck faired pretty well.. hope all turns out well..

Well dadofthree might have nailed it. This tree was at about a 45 degree angle across the driveway. We have had about 8 inches of rain in the last 16 days, not counting at least an inch today. We were sleeping 20 feet from where it fell and didn’t hear anything. Didn’t even stir the dog and she is pretty sensitive to noises outside.

When jacked the limb up, the truck lifted up about 1 ½ inches as the weight started coming off of it. It had to have eased down on it.

The damage, 3 or 4 minor scratches in the clear coat and a couple of thumb size dents that look like hail damage. You wouldn’t notice it unless you were looking for it.

"Called in
rock.gif
".......break out the BUSA and RIIIDE !!!!!! I found rain-riding in Hawai was a great teacher......
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

Back