Looking to Turbo the 08

toolmn

Donating Member
Registered
THinking of putting turbo on the 08 busa and wanted to know whats the best out there as far as product and price...

RCC or Velocity. Stick with 4lbs of boost or LESS on an 08. If you feel like pulling out the Ti valves and installing stainless, good valve springs and a base spacer(I think they are using .090s on the 08s) you can run more boost....probably 8-9lbs on pump gas.

Personally, I think on the 08 busas, the money is better spent on a good pipe, cams and a custom map..... That will get you 190hp reliably. If you want more, you could put the 3 mil pistons in it(1441cc), port the head with the custom cams, this will get you 230hp....same power as a turbo(4lbs) but much more reliable and probably around the same cost. Bolt on and forget it...unlike turbos..

Any other opinions on this? I'm trying to debate on which route I should go with my 08. Didn't really want to make another thread

once you go turbo you want go back.
if i had the 08 i would turbo it and do like zxalan said on the valves to increase the boost

stage 2 velocity here, power wheelies in 5th gear no problem 4 in. over 20 lbs of boost...LOL TURBOS ARE GREAT!

once you go turbo you want go back.
if i had the 08 i would turbo it and do like zxalan said on the valves to increase the boost
So I take it you like your setup ?
super.gif
super.gif
Thats awesome man. How is it so far?

super.gif

Back