Looking to Get a Hayabusa - Introduction

Hello,and welcome. Do you like your wallet?
If so just block my content now . It will save you some rent money . There are a few others also to watch out for .

2013 ,and up have not just ABS brakes but Brembo calipers..
If your use to HD ride posture you might want to start some basic core exercises as it's a bit of a change, and you will feel it in the beginning.

Welcome to the community!

How important are the tuner and pipes? I'm not going to be racing this thing. I assume they come from the factory with a lean, EPA tune. Worth doing anything about that?

Search this site long enough and you'll find the entire spectrum of opinion on this subject of tuning and exhaust. My opinion: full system exhausts do not require a tune but do benefit the bike's performance. I have a Gen II ('14), am not racing either, love the local canyons with a Ti 421 exhaust, a single Yosh R77 and no tune whatsoever (no piggyback stuff). Plan on riding it like that for another 5k miles until I get it dyno'ed, and am not worrying about it.

I believe they do not run lean from factory. Others here will know for sure and will back up with AFR numbers.

Good luck in your search. May your journey be as rewarding as your destination.

Welcome to the community!

Search this site long enough and you'll find the entire spectrum of opinion on this subject of tuning and exhaust. My opinion: full system exhausts do not require a tune but do benefit the bike's performance. I have a Gen II ('14), am not racing either, love the local canyons with a Ti 421 exhaust, a single Yosh R77 and no tune whatsoever (no piggyback stuff). Plan on riding it like that for another 5k miles until I get it dyno'ed, and am not worrying about it.

I believe they do not run lean from factory. Others here will know for sure and will back up with AFR numbers.

Good luck in your search. May your journey be as rewarding as your destination.
I recall C10 saying his ran rich when he had it on the dyno with his full exhaust so it certainly wasn’t hurting a thing other than a bit of power that was waiting to be found once adjusted/optimized

Much appreciation for the warm welcome!

Yep. Live in Omaha.

I saw that same ad on cycletrader. Seems almost suspiciously low, but maybe I'll give them a call and see what's what.

Found this one not too far away on CL 2014 Suzuki hayabusa

'14, low miles, already has pipes and tuner. I like the red. Wants $8k.

Reasonable?

I've got next to no experience with FI bikes. How important are the tuner and pipes? I'm not going to be racing this thing. I assume they come from the factory with a lean, EPA tune. Worth doing anything about that?
Welcome to the madness, you definitely can't go wrong with red. That's actually the bike I was after when I found my 14 and fell in love with it. As others have said show up with cash and he might take less. Definitely a nice looking bike. @c10 beat me it but be aware there are plenty of mods fir these beasts and some of the family around here like the real expensive ones :poke:

• Haha
Reactions: c10
New to the forum as well. Just purchased a 2019 gray for 11500.00 OTD out of state so need to pay tax and reg still. Good luck on hunt being an older rider as well very happy with purchase.
Older! Hah! I'm in my prime!

As near as I can tell, you're right there on the price. Mid to high 11's seems like where the new ones are falling.

Being mid November, I'm not in any big hurry. Still waiting for Cincinnati guy to respond. We'll see if he does.

Sheesh . . they are $21000NZD here, and average wages are crap here too, just as a comparison.

I had a Kiwi ex-soldier working for me who transferred to our army and he said the same thing...cost of living was nuts and jobs were lowly paid-especially soldiers...

2019 Hayabusas here are around $13k so not too bad...2019 ZX14Rs are about $3k more.

Back