Looking to buy a stock, 99 Hayabusa in a few months...what's the current market?

DanBusa

Registered
I have seen where the market has dropped down quite a bit on these, so my question would be, what does a really nice, all stock 1999 Hayabusa in the copper and silver go for? I'm trying to figure out how much I have to save/sell off to end up buying one. Also, where would be the best place to find one?

Thanks,
Dan

Kirkland WA, been for sale for a while. Has dropped the price twice already.
Don't really know the true value but think if you can get a good original one they should go up in value as a 1st year bike.
Look how much 1st year Z-1s and CB750s cost now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got one a few years ago in OK for $5k. I might have even talked him down to like $4,800, I don't remember. I'd probably pay $6,500 MAX for a mint condition one if you really want it. If you have the luxury to wait around, something will pop up that's more reasonable than $8k. I was a bit shocked when I saw $7,995, AFTER being reduced twice.

Thanks for the guidance guys, I'll keep my eyes open for one, I just really want one of those, I've had two 2006's, but really want a pristine copper/silver 99'. I remember standing in the showroom open mouthed staring at one when they first came out, I think I was 13 at the time. I know what you mean about the first year Z1's and CB750's...this is a 70' I restored, but it came out pretty good...I basically stole it for what I gave, but the restoration evened that out.
null_zps90d9c609.jpg

Sweet ride! Won't even asked what it cost to restore.
One of my buddies is in to his '73 Z-1 for about 12 large on his restoration. What he paid for a set of NOS pipes was stupid.

Sweet ride! Won't even asked what it cost to restore.
One of my buddies is in to his '73 Z-1 for about 12 large on his restoration. What he paid for a set of NOS pipes was stupid.

It wasn't that bad really, I bought the bike for $400 from the original owner with an NOS gas tank in the box. I sold a bunch of Kawasaki triple parts to fund it, when all was said and done, I made about $150 after the resto costs, the resto cost about $4000, ebay fees, etc.

16c936dc.jpg

My dad pressure washing the grease off the day I brought it home.

Little off subject, but I had a 1976 CB750K exactly like your dad's - for over 30 years. Bought it new in 1977 for 1,200. Sold it in 2009 when I got my Busa for 750.00.

I should have sold mine stock, I had way less miles, lol.

Mint 99's in copper will start to escalate in price...

IMG_0270.JPG

BB

Little off subject, but I had a 1976 CB750K exactly like your dad's - for over 30 years. Bought it new in 1977 for 1,200. Sold it in 2009 when I got my Busa for 750.00.

My dad bought this one new, traded it back and forth with my uncle a few times, and has had it for the last 20 or so years since he got it back this last time. I could only hope to find a Busa for $750...

Back