Looking to buy a gen 2

Quiksilver

Registered
Well I thought the day would never come, but I'm ready to purchase a gen 2. I'm liking the 2019 in grey. I've been looking around for the best price recently. Well i have talked to a few salesmen today and someone asked how old I was. I tell him 32 and he says oh, insurance wont be bad. I totally forgot to check to see how much insurance would be. I checked with geico and it would be 155 a month! That's a good bit cheaper than when I first got a quote over 12 years ago but jeez. I've gotten a few tickets over the years but had them "fixed". So idk if that's a normal figure but man it seems high.

Well I thought the day would never come, but I'm ready to purchase a gen 2. I'm liking the 2019 in grey. I've been looking around for the best price recently. Well i have talked to a few salesmen today and someone asked how old I was. I tell him 32 and he says oh, insurance wont be bad. I totally forgot to check to see how much insurance would be. I checked with geico and it would be 155 a month! That's a good bit cheaper than when I first got a quote over 12 years ago but jeez. I've gotten a few tickets over the years but had them "fixed". So idk if that's a normal figure but man it seems high.
Im 34 and I pay 36 a month for full coverage for my 09. I live in Iowa and I have to carry the coverage all year.

Im 34 and I pay 36 a month for full coverage for my 09. I live in Iowa and I have to carry the coverage all year.

That's awsome! What's the secret? I'm honestly not sure why it's so high, I've had teo tickets in the last 10 years. Really nothing on my record (that I know of) to make my insurance high. Maybe it's the area I'm from? We are prone to flooding since I live on the gulf coast.

Good luck on the purchase. I bought my 2009 new 10 years ago and I still say OMG when I take her out on a ride, amazing bikes.

I had high Hope's but I believe with the financing and insurance is just too high for me right now. I can afford it but its gonna take me out my comfort zone. It's ok though I still have old faithful. She needs a ton of TLC though, hell both my bikes do.

That's awsome! What's the secret? I'm honestly not sure why it's so high, I've had teo tickets in the last 10 years. Really nothing on my record (that I know of) to make my insurance high. Maybe it's the area I'm from? We are prone to flooding since I live on the gulf coast.
Most people here prob only ride 500-1000 miles a year. We don’t have helmet laws in Iowa its cheeper to die then live for a insurance company. Those are my guesses. I also have everything with my insurance company all cars, home and bike. Also only ticket I have had in 13 years is a seat belt ticket. Before that it was BAD!

I see two options:
1. Purchase new through Suzuki finance and take a chance of running without full coverage, since they don’t require it (I wouldn’t do it, but some do)
2. Get a used bike for half the cost of a new OTD and use the money saved to put full coverage on it. 2008 -2019 are all the same, except for addition of ABS in 2013 and newer.

Most people here prob only ride 500-1000 miles a year. We don’t have helmet laws in Iowa its cheeper to die then live for a insurance company. Those are my guesses. I also have everything with my insurance company all cars, home and bike. Also only ticket I have had in 13 years is a seat belt ticket. Before that it was BAD!

I only have the bikes with my current insurance and they were cheaper than others so far. Louisiana is such a leech of a state. Seems everything is sorta expensive here.

I see two options:
1. Purchase new through Suzuki finance and take a chance of running without full coverage, since they don’t require it (I wouldn’t do it, but some do)
2. Get a used bike for half the cost of a new OTD and use the money saved to put full coverage on it. 2008 -2019 are all the same, except for addition of ABS in 2013 and newer.

I've considered this heavily. My track record with used bikes has not been the best. Impatience is a major down fall of mine not to mention I dont want to sell my gen 1. That was one of my major selling points to my financial advisor lol. I'm thinking imma have to sell the gen 1 and finance the rest, that could cusion the blow some or go used

I only have the bikes with my current insurance and they were cheaper than others so far. Louisiana is such a leech of a state. Seems everything is sorta expensive here.
I just rehired a General Manager that just moved back from Vegas. He was telling me how everything is cheeper except housing.

I've considered this heavily. My track record with used bikes has not been the best. Impatience is a major down fall of mine not to mention I dont want to sell my gen 1. That was one of my major selling points to my financial advisor lol. I'm thinking imma have to sell the gen 1 and finance the rest, that could cusion the blow some or go used
Have you checked the classifieds here? I know there was a couple of bikes for sale. Including a 2011 with less than 15k miles. Not sure if I missed it, but what’s your location?

Have you checked the classifieds here? I know there was a couple of bikes for sale. Including a 2011 with less than 15k miles. Not sure if I missed it, but what’s your location?

No sir I surely haven't. I was almost sold on something brand new. But I will scroll through the classifieds. I live near houma, about an hour from new orleans.

Ya I thought we were decent here and he was telling me how his $400,000 house these was prob $1.2mil here.

I've heard similar things when comparing to MS houses. My brother and I went there to look at a turbo and my brother asked the guy how much the houses were. We guessed they were close to 500k and I believe the houses were around 180k.

No sir I surely haven't. I was almost sold on something brand new. But I will scroll through the classifieds. I live near houma, about an hour from new orleans.

Back