Looking to buy a gen 2

Well I thought the day would never come, but I'm ready to purchase a gen 2. I'm liking the 2019 in grey. I've been looking around for the best price recently. Well i have talked to a few salesmen today and someone asked how old I was. I tell him 32 and he says oh, insurance wont be bad. I totally forgot to check to see how much insurance would be. I checked with geico and it would be 155 a month! That's a good bit cheaper than when I first got a quote over 12 years ago but jeez. I've gotten a few tickets over the years but had them "fixed". So idk if that's a normal figure but man it seems high.
155 seems correct.... but if its geico… u make 10 of those payments... and cant u take the insurance off the bike during the winter months?

I
155 seems correct.... but if its geico… u make 10 of those payments... and cant u take the insurance off the bike during the winter months?

I suppose I could lower coverage depending who I finance through. Seems Sheffield financial doesn't require full coverage. It doesn't get cold here during the winter months so I ride year round.

I had full coverage on my 2011 for a few years through State Farm(I'm in Corona and was 62-64 and no tickets)and was around $45 per month,now paying $78 per year for liability only.May want to give them a call(ask for agent Moby Young in Newport Beach)and see what they have to offer.

Will do. For liability and comp it's been around 70-80, and I dont feel too bad about that.

I'm about to be 42, married, class A cdl, motorcycle license over 20 years, no tickets in 16+ years, no tickets on a motorcycle ever, great credit, no insurance claims in 20+ years, super low crime rate where we live, blah, blah, etc, etc...and my insurance is still stupid expensive, and I've checked every company you can come up with.
I wish someone could/would explain why.
Insurance companies are the worst, I hate them all.
Good luck finding something reasonable.
I have come to terms that my next bike will be liability with theft/fire/storm coverage, no comprehensive/collision. It's not worth it, at all.

I'm about to be 42, married, class A cdl, motorcycle license over 20 years, no tickets in 16+ years, no tickets on a motorcycle ever, great credit, no insurance claims in 20+ years, super low crime rate where we live, blah, blah, etc, etc...and my insurance is still stupid expensive, and I've checked every company you can come up with.
I wish someone could/would explain why.
Insurance companies are the worst, I hate them all.
Good luck finding something reasonable.
I have come to terms that my next bike will be liability with theft/fire/storm coverage, no comprehensive/collision. It's not worth it, at all.
You have same exact credentials as me except iam 3 years older, I just have liability with theft etc, pay just 38 dollars a month here in ky

You have same exact credentials as me except iam 3 years older, I just have liability with theft etc, pay just 38 dollars a month here in ky

I got rid of my 08 gen2 around 2013, and was paying around $100 a month full coverage then.
I traded for an 08 B-King, and that dropped it to $59 a month.
If I was young with tickets, sure.
But given that we're middle-aged and look good on paper...come on.
Insurance companies need to be put in their place with blatent robbery.
I can't find full coverage on a 6-7 year old gsxr1k for less than $120 a month!
And if I total it, what happens?? They give me $3500 and double my insurance...no thanks.

Back