Looking to buy a gen 2

I got rid of my 08 gen2 around 2013, and was paying around $100 a month full coverage then.
I traded for an 08 B-King, and that dropped it to $59 a month.
If I was young with tickets, sure.
But given that we're middle-aged and look good on paper...come on.
Insurance companies need to be put in their place with blatent robbery.
I can't find full coverage on a 6-7 year old gsxr1k for less than $120 a month!
And if I total it, what happens?? They give me $3500 and double my insurance...no thanks.

I thought after all these years of being the best law abiding citizen I could be I would receive decent insurance quotes but noooo.

Just got off the phone with trinity (progressive) insurance and they quoted over 500 a month! Unbelievable...
I had progressive on my srad when I called to transfer it to the busa when I traded the srad in on the busa it was about 3600 for 6 months. I just knew I was gonna end up bikeless having traded one in and with the bad loan I took for the busa was no way I could afford that but I managed to find an Allstate dealer that I could live with. I pay around $200 during the warmer months and last December it was $70. Living in Michigan we have the highest rates in the country but if u keep looking you'll find something u can lube with.

Last edited:
I think you're confused.
Speeding is why they Want to give you a ticket.
STOPPING is what Gets you the ticket. :poke:
Best answer to give when they ask if you know why they pulled you over (assuming you stop) is to tell them because you let them. Gonna go one of two ways, either they find it funny and realize your being honest or they gonna start writing tickets and not stop till their hands hurt. Gotten lucky so far and the look on the cops face was well worth the risk.

I had progressive on my srad when I called to transfer it to the busa when I traded the srad in on the busa it was about 3600 for 6 months. I just knew I was gonna end up bikeless having traded one in and with the bad loan I took for the busa was no way I could afford that but I managed to find an Allstate dealer that I could live with. I pay around $200 during the warmer months and last December it was $70. Living in Michigan we have the highest rates in the country but if u keep looking you'll find something u can lube with.

I believe my current insurer have me the best rate I can get. So far it's been at least half of the competitors. Not looking good so far. Got me wanting to just stage 2 the gen 1 lol.

Back