Looking to borrow- rent chain rivet tool

I have a Motion Pro full kit..breaker / press / riveter....didn't cost me no $100 though... :super:

better off paying to have chain switched out,shouldnt cost more then $75 and take 15min at a good shop,I bought one of those kits for $80,broke every damn pin in it pushing rivet through,got it done but took almost 2hrs,2 dremmel wheels and finally going for the grinder:whistle:

You have to grind off the end of the rivets first before you press the rivet out.:thumbsup:

thats where i used the 2 dremmel wheels:poke:

broke the pins pushing the new one in
well that is an issue as there are no pins "used" to push the new link together.. the pins are for pushing the old link out of the chain.

well that is an issue as there are no pins "used" to push the new link together.. the pins are for pushing the old link out of the chain.

trying to remember,it was about a yr ago,Im pretty sure i cut (dremmeled) the rivetted end of the existing chain and it pretty much fell apart

I remember using the tool to put the new one back on because i couldnt get a good angle without busting my damn knuckles trying to smash the rivot head flat enough,I do remember cuting a small allen wrench to use that to finish the job since i broke every pin in the kit!!

what do you use to push the rivot in the new chain if you dont use the chain press? do tell?

Last edited:
Back