Looking @ the 08, should I buy?

cerebusa

Registered
Hi guys,
My 03 was in a nasty rear end smash last week and with the ins. monies I am thinking I want the 08. Now that being said what are your opinions of the 08 to the 1st gen that I do so love. Its just that I did not care for the new bike that much until the last few months and now it has grown on me. III like it! So what do you guys think, I have been reading some of the complaints and have become confused as to what I am going to do. Help me figure it out. Thanks, Mike...

Have you rode one yet? I havent heard enough complaints to make me wanna trade mine in. It a great bike, although I did not have the Gen 1. Should be some great prices, I would definitely buy a K8

Get the Gen2. You will love it. '08 or '09. It's a completely different ride, yo.

Some people will tell you otherwise, but trust those of us who have made the switch...

It's totally worth it.

08 & 06 Feb 9, 08.jpg

Hi guys,
My 03 was in a nasty rear end smash last week and with the ins. monies I am thinking I want the 08. Now that being said what are your opinions of the 08 to the 1st gen that I do so love. Its just that I did not care for the new bike that much until the last few months and now it has grown on me. III like it! So what do you guys think, I have been reading some of the complaints and have become confused as to what I am going to do. Help me figure it out. Thanks, Mike...

Your thinking too much, just go buy it....seriously. If you loved your 03 your going to love the 08/09 better. Smoother shifting, better suspension, and MORE POWER. Just do it.

I'm going to ride one this weekend weather permitting. Still have not finalized anything with the ins. co. but I am hoping for a nice enough settlement to get the 08. They have a dark gray one with the 1st gen Muzzy sys. on it. I offered them 11,500 with a X11 Shoei,
and he said that should not be a problem. So depending on that outcome (their client did hit me from behind while I was stopped at a stop light, and has buggered my back up some) (still a good bit of pain there). Hopefully all will end well. Thanks for the input guys I feel better already about the 08. Mike

I'm going to ride one this weekend weather permitting. Still have not finalized anything with the ins. co. but I am hoping for a nice enough settlement to get the 08. They have a dark gray one with the 1st gen Muzzy sys. on it. I offered them 11,500 with a X11 Shoei,
and he said that should not be a problem. So depending on that outcome (their client did hit me from behind while I was stopped at a stop light, and has buggered my back up some) (still a good bit of pain there). Hopefully all will end well. Thanks for the input guys I feel better already about the 08. Mike

Great helmet choice as well, bro!

Get the Gen2.* You will love it.* '08 or '09.* It's a completely different ride, yo.Some people will tell you otherwise, but trust those of us who have made the switch...It's totally worth it.
What he said* :whistle::cheerleader:

DSCF0583.JPG

Try to get at least another 500 off.:whistle: The Gen II is an awesome bike and the a lot of problems listed in the "08 problems" thread are minimal inconveniences and considering how many 08's are out there it's a small fraction.:beerchug: Just go buy one! You won't be sorry!:cheerleader:

My 08 is the first busa i've owned but i have no complaints, uther than if i mention riding somewhere on the weekend i can't ride without my daughter on the rear seat. That's just the price you pay when you've got the coolest bike around. Oh My daughter is 23 and married but her hubby doesn't have a bike anymore.

Back