Looking out for your fellow bikers..

BusaKenVa

Registered
I went out for a quick ride on Sunday to grab a bite to eat. As I was blasting up 295 north a flashing light caught my eye. A quick glance at speed and I notice it is a guy parked under an overpass trying to get his bike started. What do you do? I did the only thing I knew to do. Two quick lane changes and a short sliding stop. I only had to walk back about 1/8 mile. Walked up to the guy to find out he is riding a lowered stretched chromed CBR1100XXX, yeah triple xxx means turbo kit, running so much boost he had to have 110 octane race gas. Poor guy was trying to chase electrical gremlins under an over pass in the waning light. Got the thing running and got up the road 1/2 mile and she died again. This time I was right beside him on the `Busa. Fuel pump wasn't running. Messed with the fuses no dice. Then it hits him the electrical connector on the fuel pump must be vibrating loose. He had no tools to get under the tank. No problem i said and whip out the `busa's tool kit and off the tank comes. Sure enough connection on fuel pump was off. Reconnect and off we go. 1/2 mile later coasting to a stop again....lol. I'm thinking geez this is going to be a long ride..lol. Luckly he only lived about six miles farther. A little creative roadside assitance and we were off again. 1/2 mile again...lol. This time I notice his plate reads...LOOSUN. So as I roll up beside him I give him a quick jab..."Hey wanna race?"....lol. Three or four more times and we got him home. A free beer and a short conversation later and I've got a new riding buddy. I guess as long as I bring the tools...lol. I know its kinda long but I thought you all might enjoy it.

Side note....I got caught in the rain on the ride home. Froze my butt off and got soaked. Whatever happened to good karma? Oh well at least I was on two wheels!!

Side note....I got caught in the rain on the ride home. Froze my butt off and got soaked. Whatever happened to good karma? Oh well at least I was on two wheels!!
Depends on what you'd rather have... a dry ride home or someone
who stops to help you out on the side of the road???
Maybe in the rain??? Good karma is like money in the bank...
Ya can't have too much of either!

wink.gif

cool.gif

pirate.gif

I wish there were more like you out there, BusaKen. I try to help people when I can and hope that it will return to me if I ever need it.

Good job Busa ken.  Thats my worst fear being way out and the electrical gremlins coming out!!
rock.gif
Nah, my worse fear is to crash while ridin' alone and nobody know where I am. Bring on the electrical gremlins!
wink.gif

Good on ya for stoppin' to help. I'd have done the same thing whether I was ridin' on two or four.
super.gif

Good job Ken!

I also try to help whenever possible.

BTW, ride fast enough and you wont' get wet!
wink.gif

Oh, and welcome to the board!

Way to go BusaKen. Excellent story.  There should be more riders like you. Two thumbs up!

Well I held up a big ole' line of traffic today to let some old folks cross a busy street... And I have rescued a couple of Tarpins (Big Turtle)... from the middle of Hillsborough Ave... (Six lanes speed limit at about 55 goes 60-70) Haven't had an opportunity to help a fellow biker... But will if they need a hand... Yes... Even a Harley...

Never underestimate the power of good Karma... What you send out to the world you get back in kind...

Strange thing is I really enjoyed the experience. The only thing that kinda got me peeved was that I would have to use all my fingers and most of my toes to count the number of other riders who passed by. That was while I was paying attention to it. Must have been a few more I didn't notice:angry: . The only thing that seperates us from the animals is our ability to lend each other a hand. I guess some of us out there aren't that civilized though???

Back