Looking into engine mods

BigSimp

Donating Member
Registered
I was thinking about some engine upgrades while on Schnitzracing.com. I came accross package deal that includes: Billet Velocity Stacks, Stock Intake Cam (Replaces Stock Exhaust Cam), Adjustable Cam Sprockets, Air Injection Block Off Plates w/Gaskets. But its doesn't tell me what I would gain from these mods or what other things I need to consider if I am doing these mods. Can some here enlightend me as to what these mods will do.

I would also be interested in uping the horsepower, just need to get some money and also want to keep it reliable...Hope it can be done. Other wise I will stay stockish ha ha

Might want to check these guys out as well!
bluegrab.gif

we have a "performance mods" section incase 'yall' forgot ...

and search function that does work....when you input the right words.

the billets aren't taking you anywhere on a stock motor (not for that kind of money)

the stock cam replacement will net you perhaps 5 or so HP after you ad the price of having it dialed in for you. So that's Cam / Adj. Sprocket / Cam set.
You do not need a "pair" of adjustables unless you are planning a full cam swap in the future...
The block off plates are installed when removing the PAIR system .... no gains there either.

you didn't say if the kit you found includes anything else... so that's what you can expect from what you mentioned.

if you are set on the cam part... I have an intake from an 04, w/2,500 miles on it...I can ship it TYD for 80.00 (as soon as I call the guy that owns it to verify ;) )

Back