Looking into buying an 06 hayabusa. What to look for?

supramario

Registered
I am new to the forum and I'm looking into buying a 2006. Just wondering what to look for on these bikes, are there any common issues and how to inspect it? From what I know about the bike. It has 14,739 miles on it black and grey, lowered, stretched, and has a yoshimura rs3 exhaust. I found it at a preowned dealership and they are asking $5,899. any information would help, I will be looking at it in the next couple days. Thanks

vp4443829_1_large.jpg

vp4443829_2_large.jpg

vp4443829_4_large.jpg

Looks like a really clean Hayabusa ~ you should buy it & have FUN riding it . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a really clean Hayabusa ~ you should buy it & have FUN riding it . . .

that's my plan is to buy it and have fun. I've had bad experiences before buying used stuff so before jumping on this one I was trying to find out if there is anything to look for when buying one.

Last edited by a moderator:
As cheap as it is for you to buy this one ~ you could part it out & get your money back . . .

The biggest issue with the gen 1. Would probably be the transmission. They tend to develop a problem with 2nd gear.

The biggest issue with the gen 1. Would probably be the transmission. They tend to develop a problem with 2nd gear.

This^
My 06 started slipping and I had it undercut by Fast by Gast. I think it was about 3 or 4 years old when I did it. I would ask the dealership if they know if that one has been done or if they can contact the previous owner and ask. Not a major job, but unless you know how to break into the engine, it requires dealer expense.

If the bike was taken care of, they are pretty much bullet proof.

2nd gear as stated, but what caught my eye was the stretch and the stator cover. Power on :thumbsup:

Back