Looking for the person that...

I've got to get a good u/w camera. These pics are making me jealous.

<span style='color:red'>VaBusa</span>- All you need to do is take a long weekend, and go get certified. You'll never regret it. Once you've had a few dives on your own without worrying about the instructor, you'll be hooked. IT's the most peacefull feeling you could imagine. You get your bouyancy adjusted to neutral, and you can just sit and hover over the reef or wreck.

Most dive shops can do evening bookwork classes, and then a weekend pool/open water session. You can also do your bookwork/pool session locally, and then finish up with your open water dives while on vacation somewhere tropical. That's what the wife and I did. It's more expensive that way, but a lot easier on your schedule. Check out the link for more info.

PADI - Professional Association of Dive Instructors

It is awesome. :D

Jim

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1069791640 -->

I've got to get a good u/w camera.  These pics are making me jealous.
Me too. The pictures I posted were taken by a pro that worked for the diving company that we went out with for this dive. I also have a video of the dive that is about 1/2 hour long. The pics were still shots from the vid.

I've got to get a good u/w camera.  These pics are making me jealous.

<span style='color:red'>VaBusa</span>- All you need to do is take a long weekend, and go get certified.  You'll never regret it.  Once you've had a few dives on your own without worrying about the instructor, you'll be hooked.  IT's the most peacefull feeling you could imagine.  You get your bouyancy adjusted to neutral, and you can just sit and hover over the reef or wreck.

Most dive shops can do evening bookwork classes, and then a weekend pool/open water session.  You can also do your bookwork/pool session locally, and then finish up with your open water dives while on vacation somewhere tropical.  That's what the wife and I did.  It's more expensive that way, but a lot easier on your schedule.  Check out the link for more info.

PADI - Professional Association of Dive Instructors

It is awesome. :D

Jim
Thanks Jim...my husband and I travel to the FL Keys quite often, and we always wish we were certified...we looked in to classes at the local Wellness Center several years back...we should have done it long ago, but we thought we didn't have time...

...now that we have two little boys, we don't have time! But, one day we'll do it...thanks for the link...I'll send it to my hubby so he can do some planning :D

Michelle,

This is the shop that we used in Key Largo. If you stay at the Holiday Inn, it is literally right next to their boat dock. It's not a fancy resort, but it's a decent place to stay. We only did one day of diving, and then headed back to Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach, so this is the only place we've used in the Keys.

The dive masters are nice, and no-one rushes you off of the boat to start the dive like some places do. They try not to crowd the boat either.

Sea Dwellers Dive Center

Jim

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1069865347 -->

Michelle,

This is the shop that we used in Key Largo.  If you stay at the Holiday Inn, it is literally right next to their boat dock.  It's not a fancy resort, but it's a decent place to stay.  We only did one day of diving, and then headed back to Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach, so this is the only place we've used in the Keys.

The dive masters are nice, and no-one rushes you off of the boat to start the dive like some places do.  They try not to crowd the boat either.

Sea Dwellers Dive Center

Jim
We'll be in Key West in two weeks...we're flying all the way to Key West, which is a first for us because we usually drive!

I think we're getting a rental car, so perhaps I'll make it up to Key Largo and check it out...seems like dive shops in the Keys are a bit pricey compared to doing it at my local pool...we'll see how the money goes!

Thanks for the link...

Vabusa, maybe so...but I can't remember the last time I had a school of cars coming at me with one thing in mind. LUNCH!!! At least I know I am faster than all the other vehicles on the road. Those sharks are like the Hayabusa of the ocean and you’re like a dude/chick on a tricycle. Until those thing start walking on land will you catch me in that water. :D :laugh:

Cool photos. But you guys are crazy!!!! Them there sharks in them there waters!!!
1zhelp.gif
busagod,

I stole your gif. Hope you don't mind, but it's pretty cool.

Sharks are the reason you always dive with a buddy. Not so you outnumber them, it's so that you have a 50/50 chance of NOT being their lunch.
jump9.gif

Back