looking for the best tire for my 08 busa

biggin

Registered
ive had two rear tires bt015 and 208 sportmax and and ive smoked both when 3500 mile same front tire

Woo Hoo! Tire Thread!

Welcome! :welcome: 1st post!

displayimage.php

:50 to the org.

Search option is ur friend but it will help to know what your looking for and ur riding style??
Looking for longevity or grip?
Commute straight stretches or lots of twisties?
Street or track?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I just got the Michelin 2ct and so far love them. But i also put almost 6k on stocker

I just got the Michelin 2ct and so far love them. But i also put almost 6k on stocker

Same here I have an 09 Stocker lasted me 4K miles, no burn outs, just aggresive riding wheelies and double speed limits on turns.
I like my Micheline 2ct also.:thumbsup:

Would help to tell us what your riding style is, weekend warrior at the dragstrip, running a turbo pushing 500HP, Daily communitor... Help us out if you ask a question.:laugh:

Sounds as we ride our Busas in the same style.
I just put on the Michelin 2CT and I can say its a better tire
then the stock BT. I have more confidence and over the weekend
I touched the pegs a few times and wore some of my boot away
on some turns. Smoothness... Well you just cant beat Michelin.
I like it. It grips awesome, I cant say how it is in rain, but its sticky
and smooth I only have about 200 miles on it so far. It hasnt begun
the blister effect yet. I will say it is a better tire then the BT

Dunlop Sportmax Q2 for track days and riding the hills/twisties around home.

Pirelli Angels for my road trips.

Also went to the taller 55...i am liking that a lot.

I've read lots of tyre threads on here and am still confused. Every time I read one I say to Lynne right, write down this tyre this is the next one I'm going to get, so I've now got a list of tyres and still got no idea what I'm going to get next.
By the way welcome to the org.

Dunlop Sportmax Q2. Run great, solo aggressive, 2up. 4k on year another 500-1000 depending how I ride it. Your gonna get a lot of different answers on here though..lol

I swear by Pilot Power . It's all I put on my bike . Never had a problem in the rain or riding in cold weather .

Just orderd a pair of Pirelli Angel ST's earlier this week. Hope to see 'em soon. Heard good things about them.

I'm running a bt021 right now, it seems to be doing better then the dunlops for me, thinking about trying the angels next. I ride about 70-80 miles a day during the week and 200-500 miles on the weekend. I think I am going to go for the angels next though.

i do alot of road riding but love my grip for the turns i ride kinda hard

That's not very descriptive... I think everyone on this site could say the same.

As paLVBusa said, the right tires for you depend on many factors involved in your riding style. If you answer the questions he posed, it will give everyone a better idea of what you need.

My Busa is my daily driver and I do a lot of day long trips as well. Lots of straight lines on my commute (where most of my miles are spent) but, lots of twistie mountain roads on the weekend. I needed something that has longevity for my commuting/touring and is still able to offer decent grip in adverse weather. There is a trade off in grip when you go to a harder, longer lasting compound tire.

I just picked up a pair of Avon storm 2's, they seemed to offer the best characteristics for my needs. They have softer compound patches on the sides for corners and a harder center for the straights.

I have not mounted them yet so I can give no real feedback but, there are plenty of guys here running the same tires with the same riding style as myself and they seem to love their Avon's.

after the meet n greet i have to say i love my q2's. they never let me feel unsafe in any manner. this was my first time in the twisties. the curves are so much fun.....omg perma smile

Avon Storm Ultra 2's :thumbsup:
Just turned 6k miles with 2.5mm of tread left in the centres. These are awesome tyres for the UK weather / road combo. Angels were good in the dry but useless in cold temps.
I don't wheelie (don't know how to) but lots of knee sliding and power sliding out of bends, I don't class myself as a fast rider but i don't hang about :whistle:

Back