looking for the best chain

smokingness69

Registered
right now i have a ek530dr chain and it has stetched like a bizzitch. i need two different chains and im looking for them to not stetch or break when im running the quater mile.

the first chain i need is for street and strip use with 16/42 gearing. i need to be able to install and uninstall for the my second use.

the second chain i need is for bolt on extensions 2-7in with 16/42 gearing. strickly for racing. i need to be able to install and uninstall for the first use.

just let me know what chain i need for each use. im looking for some that can be changed out and wont stretch much or break. it think the ek530dr i have now is rated for 10500lbs, thats not going to be enough as i can tell from the extensive stretching.

Smokingneess: The new DRZ-530 Prostock Chain, designed by Diamond Powersports and manufactured by EK, has a tensile strength of 11,500 pounds (stronger than many 630 chains) and is rated at 250 HP. They are available in 150 and 160 link lengths with MSRP's of $175 and $180 respectively. Just like your EK530DR chain, all non O-ring/X-ring chains need lots of proper lube to minimize lengthening ("stretch") from internal roller wear, preferable lubrication from oil immersion.

VelTune R&D offers them at 10% below MSRP.  :thumbsup:

Ek zvx which is 10,800 lbs. i run this on my turbo and have good luck.

this is my problem....i need 2 different chains, one for the stock wheelbase and one for my bolt on extensions. therefore i need to be able to take them off when i want so i can put the other on. i dont like the regular DR because of the stretching. the DRZ which is rated at 11500lbs is what i want to use with my extensions and i was told it is a non O ring chain and has a replaceable master link. now then i wanted to use the ZVX for when i return to stock wheelbase but the problem is that the ZVX is an O ring chain and the master link is a one time fit. it cant be taken on and off which is what i need.

this is my problem....i need 2 different chains, one for the stock wheelbase and one for my bolt on extensions. therefore i need to be able to take them off when i want so i can put the other on. i dont like the regular DR because of the stretching. the DRZ which is rated at 11500lbs is what i want to use with my extensions and i was told it is a non O ring chain and has a replaceable master link. now then i wanted to use the ZVX for when i return to stock wheelbase but the problem is that the ZVX is an O ring chain and the master link is a one time fit. it cant be taken on and off which is what i need.
Zvx is not an O ring chain.

EK zv (X) as in X chain non- o ring.

ninja eater, im not saying you are wrong but i got my info from schnitzracing.com click produts the click chains and go to ek chains. this is what the description says:

EK 530 ZVX

10,560 lbs
Strongest O-Ring Chain for street
Nitrous, Turbo, Big Motor applications
Gold or silver

ninja eater, im not saying you are wrong but i got my info from schnitzracing.com click produts the click chains and go to ek chains. this is what the description says:

EK 530 ZVX

10,560 lbs
Strongest O-Ring Chain for street
Nitrous, Turbo, Big Motor applications
Gold or silver
Found th9is one from a while back. Thought I better make sure.

No I am right on the EK zvx (as in X ring) Not sure why it was posted as O ring on Schnitz site. Just a mistake I guess. Look up EK chain.

EK's strongest 530 X-ring chain. This chain is designed for 1200cc and up street bikes. Tensile strength is 10,560lbs. Available with gold or silver side plates and rivet style master link included.

I personally like the D.I.D. 530ZVM x-ring chain. Rated at 10,800lbs tensile strength. They come pre-stretched from the factory, which is way cool in my book. I put one on last year, and have not adjusted it once. I do ride pretty hard and have just recently been getting some track time in. My choice is the D.I.D. x-ring.

Brian

Back