Looking for suggestions on how to control road rage

2Wheels2Live

Registered
On occasion I have some issues with road rage. I take exception to other people endangering my life, on my bike or in my car, with crazy traffic maneuvers......and I've done some questionable things in retaliation. My wife says I shouldn't take it personal, but its hard to not take somebody cutting you off, and having to slam you're brakes on, and almost getting rear-ended in the process as not personal. I've promised my wife I'll work on the anger in traffic :laugh: Any tips from my busa brothers are appreciated :beerchug:

shoot the offenders??

When you find a good solution let me know because I have the same problem

Drive a Subaru Legacy. I get cut off when I'm driving the wife's grocery getter and it's too slow to catch up and retaliate.:laugh:

repeat this statement to yourself..... "you can measure the size of a man, by the size of the things that make him mad"

Little men get mad over little things.

Zen.... Keep in mind that if something happened an no accident happened. getting into an accident or a shoot out for a close call after the fact won't help.. Some people make mistakes while driving on purpose some by accident give them the benefit of the doubt an move on. jmo

Those breif moments of anger can be enough of a distraction to make a close call even worse-first hand experiance; my Dad used to have a bad habit of going into cussing rages in german because of something someone else had done; while driving on 90-94 in northern IN, as he was cussing the guy behind us,looking in the rearview mirror-failed to notice the car in front of us had stopped, he slammed on the brakes just in time to avoid hitting that car while bouncing my face of the dash. A bloody nose and 30 some years later I still get a kick out of riding with my Dad and learning a second language but now I just put my hand on the dash look over at him and smile which changes his tone as we quietly ride out the next few miles usally resulting in a laugh- Don't let others actions change or end your life YAVOL!:laugh::beerchug:

First, congratulations on stepping up and understanding that you are in control of, and responsible for, your reactions to events outside your control.

We have no control over the poor driving practices of others. We do have control over our response to the idiocy of others...if we choose to exercise it. If we choose not to exercise it, we're really not displaying any more intelligence than the average goldfish.

When someone cuts you off, ask yourself if you're going to remember that event a year or five years from now. If you do something dumb in retaliation, it may impact you, your wife, and others who care for you for far longer.

Conserve your energy for more important challenges that will inevitably present themselves.

Just something to think about. Best wishes. I think you'll do fine.

I just pause for a few seconds. Count to ten and then by that time I'm done with it. works for me everytime. Sometimes, people just don't see you or they jumped in front of you and realized that they should have waited but it was too late. I have done this before myself.

Get a Crown Victoria Police Interceptor from your local police auction... no one cuts me off because they're just not sure and don't want to risk it.
Also I've noticed there's a lot less road rage here in Texas as there was in California... something about every other car having a pistol under the seat that I guess makes a person think twice.

They sale these knives called "Hatamoto" Knifes. They are very handy. They go straight thru car doors. I've got peoples attention more then once with them.
My friends think I take it to the extreme, But I take my life very seriously. How about you

Get a Crown Victoria Police Interceptor from your local police auction... no one cuts me off because they're just not sure and don't want to risk it.
Also I've noticed there's a lot less road rage here in Texas as there was in California... something about every other car having a pistol under the seat that I guess makes a person think twice.

Open carry State here. I get cut off more in AZ then I ever did in The Republic of California. But I do say being 6'1" 350 lbs, 40cal in a shoulder holster is a great deterrent!:thumbsup:

Change your thought process while driving. You know there are two year old drivers out there, and leave more room for an out. Think about the finer things in life while driving.

Good Luck. :beerchug:

repeat this statement to yourself..... "you can measure the size of a man, by the size of the things that make him mad"

Little men get mad over little things.

I wouldn't call someone putting your life in jeopardy a "LITTLE" thing. Call me crazy, but that seems like a pretty substantial order.

Back