Looking for successful aftermarket fairing kits...

evan_calgary

Registered
Thanks for the help so far in my search for an aftermarket fairing kit for my 2005 red/black Busa. I have definitely found some helpful resources so far on the forum.

At this point I am trying to find some first hand experience with a successful install of an aftermarket (chinese) fairing kit. It would be greatly appreciated if you could post a seller that you have had experience with that has provided a kit that has fit well with minor modifications. I have had success in the past with other bikes but this is my first for a Hayabusa. Thank you in advance!

You're in luck. I have the same model bike and model year as you, and looks like we even have the same color scheme :)

Here's the before and after photos of my bike: Photo Album - Imgur

The fairings were thinner than OEM, but most of it fit just fine. The tail section was a pain to get in place, but eventually it all worked without any cutting. Kit came with heat shielding, but no bolts.

The only part that was not a direct bolt in, is the little tail part just in front of the rear tire (under the bike). I had to make a metal bracket to hold it in place.

The photos above are with my bike using the OEM part for that position. Here's the final version with everything setup correctly:

AQLHi.jpg

I bought the kit from ebay over a year ago. Nothing has cracked or peeled. Still good as new. It was $650 shipped. Shipping was "free" but looks like prior to the free shipping, it was around $450 for the kit, and $200 for shipping. Seller's name on ebay is "blissstar"

Kits are made to order, so if you don't want some logos, or want colors changed, they're able to make the changes for you. I wish I had the beer logo removed when I ordered mine. The rest looks fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im on the same boat as you, my bike has a set of pressed molds fairings but i really hate them. plus there is a piece in the lower right faring that melted a bit.
i've been look around and seems like the plastic injected ones are better. i was wondering if someone has some info on them and were did they ordered them from.

Back