Looking for Saddle Bags

Rylinkus

Registered
I own three rides. A Conversion van. A Camaro. And the Busa. I'd like to be able to use the bike as a more long ride solution. (Visiting my fam. 3 hours away) Car's too bad on gas and the van is bad on gas and a bore to drive. Bikes the only options.

Basically Im looking for more storage on the bike. I need a change of clothes to fit. Deodorant. Toothbrush. Bare minimums essentially. And the same stuff for my GF. Oh, and I need her to fit on the bike with me once said bags are on. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Please.

Cortech... Dont use the tail bag and your good for a passenger.

IMG_0008a.JPG

Thanks so much for that option. The passenger question is huge. And nothing on sites lists if theyre passenger friendly. Are the zippers on those coil or toothed? (Coil is a plastic sprial that gets zipper together. Toothed has individual teeth. ) I know my Cortech tank bag with a coil zipper has stopped zipping properly, which was quite depressing given its relatively young age.

2007_06_09Hayabusa_0045.jpg

Here's mine, Firstgear brand.  They are quite huge.  Haven't actually ridden anywhere with them on the bike though.  The velcro straps are supposed to go under the seat.  It's a tight squeeze to get the seat snapped in over the top of the straps.

Hey Rylinkus, everybody obviously loves their luggage....having said that, don't do anything until you check out Ventura luggage systems from New Zealand, I just love it, the bag faces to the rear with a passenger and nothing ever touches the bike's surfaces. Look at their website. Raydog

Img_9202_busa.jpg

I like the Cortech system. Clips together very easily, stays very stable (130mph). So much room, you can pack a weeks worth of clothes and it seems to be cheaper than other systems. They come with rain covers too. Mine stayed on my bike for 100mile per day commutes for 6 months and never wore or scratched the paint.

Bike1__Medium_.JPG

My biggest concern with the Cortech bags are the zippers. Ive got on thats failed on my tank bag @ 3 months. It one of the 2 that zip to center, so now I just zip the working one all the way around from one side to the other. Still, it's slightly troubling.

Cortech!! Bought mine 2 months ago, 4 different trips,2 with passenger, plenty of room for two, and no problems out of the zippers.

IMG_0837.JPG

I have all Cortech, no problems, yet.
I just got the Tribag tankbag so I haven't used it much.
Which bag did you have zipper problems on?

(FalconofFreedom @ Jun. 17 2007,10:01) who has Hard bags painted same as bike?
Corbin has matching paint, hard bags for the Busa.
At more than $1,000, it's a huge price jump from just about anything else I've seen.

Don't think that they can be "pulled" off the bike and taken into the motel etc like some bags either.

Corbin makes great quality stuff though. I sure like my leather seat.

My favorite bags are the Humpback series from Oxford. They actually look like they "fit" my busa rather than something that I found and slung on.

http://www.oxprod.com/index.p....id=0&p=

The saddle bags (panniers) and tail bag are on occasionally, but i ride with the tank bag everyday.

I can not recommend them enough.

(Spectre @ Jun. 18 2007,02:51) My favorite bags are the Humpback series from Oxford. They actually look like they "fit" my busa rather than something that I found and slung on.

http://www.oxprod.com/index.p....id=0&p=

The saddle bags (panniers) and tail bag are on occasionally, but i ride with the tank bag everyday.

I can not recommend them enough.
How much were the Oxford Humpbacks? They do look pretty slick
cool.gif

(FalconofFreedom @ Jun. 17 2007,11:01) who has Hard bags painted same as bike?
I have Corbins, it took years to find a used set I could afford. Bought them on this board(thanks Dan), had them painted. This pic is before I rubbed them out, they're shinier now.

Beetlebags3.jpg

New, they cost like $1700!
wow.gif

Back