Looking for ram air extenders

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
I am not sure what they are called but the things that extend out in front of the ram air intakes.

I don't know if they make any difference so any inputs would be great there as well.

Don

I have seen them posted recently - carbon fiber ones if I remember correctly. The posts said something about making the airflow more efficient, I guess by taking a greater volume?

Also, I remember that someone has them, as they posted pics. Let me look around.

Shawn,
That is what I remember too. They "catch" more air because they stick out. I am not sure that I will get them, just toying with the idea. I am also wondering if they make the bike look goofy and whether or not the increase in air flow is worth looking goofy.

BTW, your banner at the bottom of the screen is hilarious.

Don

That is an old one - you see the RSD threads? Just sort of a welcome back - you know better than to leave us alone type thing...

Shawn,
  That is what I remember too.  They "catch" more air because they stick out.  I am not sure that I will get them, just toying with the idea.  I am also wondering if they make the bike look goofy and whether or not the increase in air flow is worth looking goofy.

BTW, your banner at the bottom of the screen is hilarious.

Don
+1, they look goofy sticking out like that. Might "catch" or tunnel more air, but it has to interupt the designed airflow (aerodynamics) at high speeds.

I don't think it will help...
rock.gif

I could see them helping if the top section of the ram air duct had an extension to prevent any air from going over top of the duct. That way it would force all the air straight into the box.

But I really don't know if these would make a difference at all.

I forget where the link is, but seen a few tests that showed the scoops actually take away performance. I think the best bet for more performance was to get the ram-air tube seals, which actually showed a marginal gain in hp over a non-sealed system.

I believe ebay has a few sets up for bid right now. As far as how they look, well I guess to each his or her own... I believe you can get the scoops in plastic or CF. The seals cost about the same, but you can also make your own for much cheaper and the home-made seals are almost as effective.

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150701880 -->

a friend got that , he said no major difference ,

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

A few links

RamairData.jpg

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150701713 -->

Back