Looking For Longer Life Tire Suggestions

BusaNS

Registered
running Pilot Power 2 on rear. its longevity lacks. looking for something a little less grippy and more life

running Pilot Power 2 on rear. its longevity lacks. looking for something a little less grippy and more life

I've been running Pilot Road 2s, 3s, and 4s. Can't say one is better than the other but they're far better for mileage than PPs. Hard in the center with softer sides for corners.

yes i do want a harder center compound tire.
did you have any preference in the 2's 3's or 4's?

Not really except for the price. Even Michelin says the 3s and 4s are pretty much just better for wet roads but I've toured over 60,000 miles mostly on 2s in all weathers and never got anxious in the wet. The 2s will probably be phased out given that they've been making the more expensive 3s and 4s for some time now, and even a 4 GT which is way more expensive.

I've been happy with the pirreli angel gt's. Seem to be grippy enough but I don't push them too hard, turn in is good, great in the wet. I have about 8,000 km on them and they still look like there's lots of tread left. I'd buy them again.

I have run them all, for absolute mileage the Pirelli Angels hung in there and the price was right. Its a harder compound for sure so be cautious and expect the back end to break loose. When we were ready for track days I would pull the tire changer out and Uncle Steve and I would put on Q2s or an all tire softer compound.

I second on the Angels for good handling with good longevity. Face it you want more miles but not at too big a cost on performance. No it's not a Q3 or Supercorsa BUT they handle way better than they should. ;<)

I've been running the pilot road 3 and 4s and get an average 34000 km, the busa I have now (2016) I put road 4s on it from day 1 and just changed them after 33500 km' s and 13 months use

Another vote for pilot road (3 or 4). They will outlast powers by a long long way. Bandit owner here but I do wheelies constantly. I've had this rear on for 2 years and around 10,000 miles. It's still round. Doesn't even have the flat spot across the middle yet. Downright impressive. Cornering braking even wet weather they do fantastic.

Only complaint is the front wears out around the time the rear does. Not like the good ol days where one front lasted 2 rears...

You get over 20,000 miles on a Hayabusa rear tire?
Yup. Our roads up here in the North island are mainly hot mix with small chip stone so it's not so vicious on our tyres also maintaining correct pressure helps too. Other factors can contribute to tyre wear like cooler air temperatures keeping road surfaces down

Yup. Our roads up here in the North island are mainly hot mix with small chip stone so it's not so vicious on our tyres also maintaining correct pressure helps too. Other factors can contribute to tyre wear like cooler air temperatures keeping road surfaces down

Yeah but 20K?!?!? You need to twist that throttle a bit mate! Man a set of Q3's are flat in the middle after 2000 miles and the edges are wearing after 3000. I can feel that looseness at 3500 or so and they are toast at 3800 to 4K. Still worth it. The Q3's warm up very quickly and they seem to be stiffer as the braking is better even than the PP 2CT. They also love lower pressures for when you want to paint black lines on the road!

Yeah but 20K?!?!? You need to twist that throttle a bit mate! Man a set of Q3's are flat in the middle after 2000 miles and the edges are wearing after 3000. I can feel that looseness at 3500 or so and they are toast at 3800 to 4K. Still worth it. The Q3's warm up very quickly and they seem to be stiffer as the braking is better even than the PP 2CT. They also love lower pressures for when you want to paint black lines on the road!
Bro we don't have enough straight roads here unlike the state's

I am also running the Pirelli angels and currently have 15 thousand km on them and will easily get another 5 thousand km so thats 20 thousand km or 13 thousand miles mostly highway riding and not much winding roads unfortunately pretty happy with that milage and the tyres perform well but my next set I will give the Pilots a shot :thumbsup:

Back