Looking for info on Mirror block off plates!

justintime2

What's your story?
Donating Member
Registered
Any good resources for the mirror block off plates? If anyone has a set for a decent price chime in. Thinking of taking them off for our track trip. Also what is the best stuff to use for taping up the headlight and lenses! TIA
smile.gif

What kind are you looking for? Chrome? Polished? Aluminum? I got a set from <a href="http://www.jdaaqua.com/store/index.html">JDA Custom<a>. Not a bad price, but there are other places.

What kind are you looking for?  Chrome?  Polished?  Aluminum?  I got a set from <a href="http://www.jdaaqua.com/store/index.html">JDA Custom<a>.  Not a bad price, but there are other places.
Thanks! I'm thinking about the polished ones. Not sure if I will spend that kind of money or not to take the mirrors off for a day.
wink.gif

check out schnitzracing.com ... they have couple of chrome block off plates!! They look kinda cool
biggrin.gif

JT2...When you take the mirrors off, just put them and the bolts in a Wal-Mart sack and then put them back on when you're done.  The bolts don't hold anything else on other than the mirrors.  Make sure you know which one is for the LEFT and RIGHT sides...There is a difference.  I know someone that put them on reversed, but I'll not mention his name.  It did look funny watchin him ride away though.
laugh.gif

The best thing to tape over the lights is the Blue Painter's tape.  It comes off really easy and doesn't leave a residue.  Take a big marker with you so that you can draw your bike number on the tape.  I used masking tape OVER the blue tape so that it was more like a number plate.

Here's a pic. (I still think I should get some sponsorship money
wink.gif
)

Representing.JPG

Thanks guys. stkr00 I was considering doing just that but I like to do things right and will think about it, no reason to waste $ if not necessary.
smile.gif

Thanks guys. stkr00 I was considering doing just that but I like to do things right and will think about it, no reason to waste $ if not necessary.
smile.gif
Not really sure what you mean by doing it "right", and "wasting money".

You said you were doing a track trip. These are usually just one or two days and theen you are returning the bike to it's normal street condition. If you look at the bikes that come to a track, you'll notice that almost all of them use the painter's tape and remove the mirrors. I really don't see the need for anything more permanent unless you're going to be turning your Busa into a "Track Only" bike.

There are other products for taping up lights, but I'm not sure where to find them. Try
www.kneedraggers.com

Good luck
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: "spellun aerors"|1116807807 -->

smile.gif
Not really sure what you mean by doing it "right", and "wasting money".

You said you were doing a track trip.  These are usually just one or two days and theen you are returning the bike to it's normal street condition.  If you look at the bikes that come to a track, you'll notice that almost all of them use the painter's tape and remove the mirrors.  I really don't see the need for anything more permanent unless you're going to be turning your Busa into a "Track Only" bike.

There are other products for taping up lights, but I'm not sure where to find them.  Try
www.kneedraggers.com

Good luck
cool.gif
I was refering to the mirror block offs. The tape is fine and I don't have any plans to turn it into a track bike. If I do it more than a couple times though I would like to have the block off's so it is "done right". I will more liklely than not use your idea and just remove them for the day.
smile.gif

smile.gif

Back