Looking for info on cheap cruise control.

Stealth08

Registered
Hey everyone, I remember a few months ago someone starting a thread with a way to use o-rings from home depot or others to make your own throttlemeister. I can't seem to find that thread if anyone on here would be able to post the address I would be very happy as I am starting a week long trip in a few days and would like to get this mod done soon. Thanks for any help. :thumbsup:

you meen this one?

100_0753.jpg

or this...

100_0752.jpg

there is a specific size o ring like 7 or 8 but i'm not sure someone will chime in.... get the thicker o ring their only like 30 cents...

Yes that is exactly what I mean, who out there has done this and do you have the original post? Looking for sizes of 0-rings so I can go get them at home depot. :please:

Just an update... I went out and got four o-rings, just so I wouldn't have to go back again. Two large and two small ones. I found that putting one large one on by the grip and then a small one on each side of the bar end weight works the best. Everyone seems to have to find thier own way to make this work but if I put on just the inside little o-ring on the screw then the bar end will just spin if it gets too loose and won't tighten back up without an allen wrench. I found that putting a small o-ring between the head of the screw and the outside of the bar end that it keeps the bar end from slipping when I tighten it again to use it to hold the throttle. Just something I thought I would share incase someone else has this problem. SO... for me one large and two small are golden.:thumbsup:

you guys must be talking about rolling the o-ring out of the groove it sits in when you don't want to use it with your gloves on, or am I wrong? With the three rings on like I did you don't have to take it off, just twist forward to lock the grip and backward to loosen. I also noticed that after riding it with it on that if I leave it snug, not quite tight enough to lock the grip but not loose either the screw and bar end rotate freely along with the throttle keeping it from getting really loose and possibly falling off. Just some more useless info for anyone else doing this, just my experience with it. Thanks for all the good info guys.:bowdown:

Hal you are going to get on his bad side...
I would have to do something to top your Lord whateveritwas induction system you did. I still laugh about it whenever I think about it. That was one of your best Randy!:rofl: How about a link so we can see it again!:laugh:

Back