Looking for info on 86 drag bike gsxr shock help please

OB_GSXR1255

Registered
I have a 86 gsxr with a 1255 and a ajustable arm 3 to 9. looking for info on a shock. will a stock shock work or should i buy a race shock i am using the bike to run on the 1/4.i also have a blue busa

I think your best bet is to use a shock off a 750. If I remember right it even lets the bike set lower also. (You can only do so much with the dog bones)

Race shocks cost some bucks.

The Busa has the best stock shock I've ever used.
It would be nice if you could get one of those to work!

thanks for the reply Frank My bike bike does not have the dog bone my stock shock has the can missing. i have a shock off a 88 sling shot but one of the mounting end is different can i cut the end and weld it? how about using a strut with a mickey and no bar will it work thanks

[This message has been edited by GSXR1255 (edited 06 August 2000).]

The stock shock will work if you crank the spring all the way up. It will be a little soft though.

This bike is difficult to make work well with a shock and extended arm. It will ride like an absolute tank.

If you need an 8 over arm for one yell. I have one for sale (sold the bike kept the arm). It has the chain, and everything.

-Dana

Anything that keeps the tail section from rubbing the tire will work. The best person that I know that can give some good advice on that year of bike is Terry Mcintosh. I know he's made some killer setups useing that same frame.

Mcintosh Machine & Fabricating
(937)687-3936 after 6:30pm Ohio time

Back