Looking for good slip ons

nasrod

Registered
Hi there evry one ...
I jest got my hayabusa an i am looking for good slip-ons
i would like to have loud noise and i dont wount eny more speed
biggrin.gif
. but i dont mind having more of cours.
I wonder if u guys can give me some advice about wich ones r the best for improving the sound of a busa?
rock.gif

and how could i improve its out-look

And Thank u for eny advice u can give me
beerchug.gif

Nas
Where in Qatar are you? I was there for about a year....Playing pool every night & going sand duneing....was fun...wrecked a few suv's while I was there.

Exhaust....If you want noise go with either the Muzzy or the HMF bigbirds, they are loud.

Post a pic of your ride .....with the desert in the background.....will make a pretty mean picture, or get a picture by that big man made lake and the hotel that looks like a pyramid in the background.........

Did you guys ever get the race track that was planned a few years back?

Let me know how the busa works out in teh heat down there.

Danny

Almost forgot ....Welcome to the board....:D

you will find a lot of clean and usefull information on this site, just take your time with Mods on the busa.

Like some very wise people on this board say...."The throttle works both ways"

For slip-ons, I recommend Yoshimura RS-3 Race canisters. These are very well made in titanium, carbon, and stainless steel. The sound is louder than stock, but mostly deeper and better. They are somewhat lighter than stock. Fit perfectly and are pointed better than stock cans which flare out a bit.

For slip-ons, I recommend Yoshimura RS-3 Race canisters.  These are very well made in titanium, carbon, and stainless steel.  The sound is louder than stock, but mostly deeper and better.  They are somewhat lighter than stock.  Fit perfectly and are pointed better than stock cans which flare out a bit.
What he said
idea.gif

better Idea just take the stock cans off it sounds just like
slip-onns.
idea.gif

Cheaper as well those Yosh slip ons are high

I was looking for the same thing and decided on the D&D's. They are loud and throaty and fit perfectly. I have the '02 LE and got the satin black slip ons. They look great. People in cages definitely hear me coming.
egitarre77.gif

Thanks evry one
and danny nice knowing that
i realy wish i got to meet u but tough luk
biggrin.gif

hope u visit us soooooooon
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

The Yosh have a good sound
D&D are about the loudest and raspy
Micron has cool colors you can get
Two brothers has the X-metal
....just my .01 (uncle sam took the other .01 sorry $*#@)

Micron, Leo Vinci and Jardine are LOUD.
Yoshimura. MIG, Acrapovic are less loud than them three above.

The Yoshimura RS3 slipon's are wonderful. Stainless ones are less than $500.00 if you buy them right and the sound is magnificent. The guys at the bike shop gave me the "Gold Star" for best muffler mod. The stainless looks great with the bike as well.

You do not need to do any other mods with the Yoshi's but I later got a PC3r and loaded the correct map. Bike runs wonderfully and even better after that, but you can take it one step at a time this way especially if cash is an issue.

BTW, I would recommend getting the throttle bodies synchronized after all of this.

Johncal

JohnCal

Did you get the "race" or the "zyclone" baffels? Where did you "buy them right"?

Kent

I got the RS3 Race bolt-ons. the sound level on them is supposedly 93db. The stock ones are 80db. the sound level is great and I've had a few police right behind me but no problems. I've seen them many places on the net sell below $500.00. I paid $480 for mine, but I could not recommend the place I used. They were a real pain in the butt. I actually needed Yoshi to kick 'em in the butt to get me the mufflers. I won't mention any names but be wary of any place that does not have a street address on their web site. Also, be sure they've got good online order tracking.

Good Luck,
John

I got the Yoshi RS-3 like Johncal and I am very pleased.. Have a good throaty sound, but not overly loud. They look super clean on the bike as well. A friend put the D & D 's on his but there a little to loud for me.. I'll post a pic later.. BTW I paid $475 for mine installed. Best Mod so far!!!
super.gif

I got the Yoshi RS-3 like Johncal and I am very pleased.. Have a good throaty sound, but not overly loud.  They look super clean on the bike as well.  A friend put the D & D 's on his but there a little to loud for me.. I'll post a pic later.. BTW I paid $475 for mine installed.  Best Mod so far!!!
super.gif
Good, good deal man. Now if you've got the cash (or as soon as you can) I would recommend 2 additional things.

1. If you don't have a PC3r, I would recommend it. Mine works great and there is a map online for just that mod. It will really make the bike run much smoother and keep the ail / fuel ratio much more exact. But don't worry, if you don't get it now you won't hurt anything, it just won't run as good as it will.

2. If you can afford around $100, have a competant mechanic balance the throttle bodies. You could also spend around the same, buy the factory manual and a throttle body synchronizer and do the work yourself.

Since you now have a straight through exhaust, all the cylinders will breathe differently. The Sync job will really help.

I know how you feel...the bike really sounds sexy now.

Johncal

do you have to get the fueling altered for these pipes as I wnt for the Remus cans which says that you don't have to remap the fueling for them,and they were a cheap price secondhand

Sounds like im sporting a pretty similar taste to BusaPilot911...D&D's are LOUD and get LOUDER after a couple thousand miles.  Awesome if you like volume.  Open it up above 5-6K rpm, its like a damn indy car on a long straightaway.  My friend asked me to take the bus for a pass at the drags just so I could hear how unreal it sounds.   By far the most head turning sound at the boulevard along the beach at low speed too.  As if the all black paint didnt create enough questions, the pipes draw even more!

Only advice: get a PC IIIr for this setup, I have one on order after riding a Bus with the D's pipes and low speed cruising is MUCH nicer (smoother throttle, crisp response).  Heard all the 'hype' about how D&Ds really need a PwrCmndr because they are considered a fairly "aggressive" slip-on.  Didnt buy into it, but Ive seen it myself.  They have a specific stock bike/D&D slip-on map for it that seems to work.

Yeah, Im biased toward my purchase , but Muzzy's always has louder pipes (although pricey) if you want another suggestion.

Just 2 cents from a new guy to the .ORG!! :D

Back