looking for experienced info

stkflkr

Registered
I just bought my first BUSA last week. An 07, 0- miles for $8700. I will post pics later. But I need your expert opinions on this bike. The BUSA is a screamer...why pipe it? Why is everyone lowering their bike is there something I should know? I live near PORTLAND OR. anyone know of a good school I can attend to make me a better rider and appreciate all the BUSA has to offer?? I think out of all the BUSA's I have seen mine has the dullest color scheme. ( just electric blue with a lighter blue Hayabusa emblem) is there somewhere I can go to jazz this betty up? Or does anyone have any suggestions?
spank.gif

You came to the right place to "jazz it up" check with the board sponsors, they have everything in the world that you could want. But just to warn you once you start the modding it is hard to stop. As far as the lowering thing. Some do it for the "look" others do it for the strip. It all depends on how your going to use your Busa. And sometimes that don't even matter. Pipes are pipes. I but some D&D pipes on mine cause the stock ones are just so bloody quite. Pipes PCIII and PAIR block off is almost the standard mod around these parts. But there are lots of people that prefer there bike bone stock. As well they should it is the coolest bike ver built.
beerchug.gif
Schools MSF course. well worth the time and money. They will teach you alot. But you might want to use there bikes if your not completely dialed into the busa yet. If you can't find them just google it or go to your local Harley dealship they normally know where you can get signed up. Congrats on the Bike and welcome to the madness. Pics are mandatory around here.

I happen to like that blue vs. my 06 scheme! Oregon? I wouldn't change a thing by lowering it with the twisties you got out there..
you got a good deal on the price.
beerchug.gif

Well ok I am not complaining about the color too much but after looking at the gallery you all got on here....I need some serious help.  My betty is just too plain jane.

Welcome to the org, the first thing you should do to your bike is the kick mod and remove warning stickers and reflectors, start with no cost stuff and go from there.

See now this is the stuf I need.  I never thought about it but your right no one has the reflectors on yet the bike sells with them on.  Good stuff to know.  I hate looking like a geek without know I do.

I lowered my bike because I like the lowered look. This mod has caused the body work to drag in hard cornering situations and when hitting severe bumps, etc. Pipes ? that's a personal thing. Lots of money for a small improvement on a bike that rocks. I like the look and sound of a 4 in 1. For 3 times the cost you can get 10 times the HP with a turbo, but those are personal choices.

welcome.gif
enjoy and be safe .............................

Welcome to the board. If you dont like the looks of the blue kanji on the blue bike, get a chrome kanji or other color to set it off. As far as lowering the bike, I raised mine back up because of my riding style and the feel of the bike. I am thinking about raising it one more inch. Pipes are optional, I like the 4 into 1 myself, but there are some really nice 2+2's out there that sound killer. You need to attend a meet/greet to figure out what you like before you spend big bucks on a pipe. There are too many options.
beerchug.gif

welcome.gif
to the oRg.  Everyone likes to put a personal touch on their Busa.  Some of the mods are functional, but most times lowering (or raising in my case), pipes, paint, etc help turn a production bike into something special to the owner.  I just went with a HMF 4-2-1 highmount exhaust just because.  I had other work done, so I don't know exactly what it cost, but somewhere around $1,250 for the system, installation, power commander and custom tune.  Did I need the extra 11 HP, probably not.  But it sounds bad azz and my bike won't be confused with anyone elses in a parking lot.  Not even at the Bash.

customer_bikes_002__Medium_.jpg

3 reasons to pipe the Busa;
1)You are willing to spend more for a few more ponies.
2)You want your Busa lighter.
3)Cosmetic

3 reasons to lower the Busa;
1)You drag and want the rear to grip and the front to stay down.
2)You are short and don't want to be on your tip toes.
3)Cosmetic

I actually raised my Busa for twisty performance
winkold.gif
The rear more than the front.

Take an MSF course if you haven't already.

Congrats on the new bike
beerchug.gif

Thanks for all the info.  I think I will keep the bike's stock height.  I am new to the sport bike world, so until i get to the point of being able to trust my busa in all aspects of riding, I think I'll keep her stock performance wise.  As far as having a cherried ride...well thats what being a BUSA owner is all about right??  we already own the fastest bike, why not the prettiest?  Hey BUSAWHIPPED I love the the paint job.  What's something like that run these days??  Oh and I will be picking her today and pics will definately be posted.

GoldenChild is not far from you and can take care of all your needs! Welcome to the .org.

welcome.gif
to the oRg.  Everyone likes to put a personal touch on their Busa.  Some of the mods are functional, but most times lowering (or raising in my case), pipes, paint, etc help turn a production bike into something special to the owner.  I just went with a HMF 4-2-1 highmount exhaust just because.  I had other work done, so I don't know exactly what it cost, but somewhere around $1,250 for the system, installation, power commander and custom tune.  Did I need the extra 11 HP, probably not.  But it sounds bad azz and my bike won't be confused with anyone elses in a parking lot.  Not even at the Bash.
Not to thread hijack, but Luci looks great Dennis!

Welcome!! And and it's always nice to have another Oregonian here. I guess PIR offers some motorcycle days and its a good course to run since the corners are all visable.

Like the others have said, the Busa demands attention. How you do that is up to you.

I added a double bubble for wind, new foot pegs for added leg movement and extension, and cans for a different sound.

OOO and
welcome.gif
thats a good idea staying stock for now. its already fast enough so spend your doe on stuff you can SEE!

btw that is a steal on that skoot, i'm jelous
poke.gif

Back