Looking for details on which HID kit to buy

Todmac

Registered
Hi all,
headlight went in the busa today. Instead of buying an OEM bulb, i was looking at some of the HID stuff online. Seems nice. Assuming you folks would agree it's a nice upgrade?
I looked on Ebay, and the kits seem to go for about 35-40$ including the bulbs.
Installation aside (I like to leave the hard part until last) can I get some advice on which kit to buy? I am worried about heat, power, etc. Seems there are many different ranges, and I dont want to buy the wrong thing.
Thanks for the advice, hoping to order one in the next cpl of days so I can get it in next weekend.

Cheers.

I had a set ok 8000k HIDs on my 2006 GSXR 600 when I had her about a year ago. I bought my HIDs from a place called motorcyclehidlights.com It was about 140 bucks w/ slim ballasts. Its a plug and play kit. Really loved mine.I had 8000k and it was pretty blue. . 6000k would be White with a hint of blue best IMHO, and I believe ( correct me if im wrong) 4300k is OEM white and has a hint of yellow. Also the 4300k gives the best visibility out of any HID. so again look at the motorcyclehidlight store. May seem a little high compared to Ebay, but they do make good kits.

I had HIDs on my 2006 GSXR 600. They were 8000k so they were pretty blue. Never had a problem with them over heating or flickering upon start up like some cheaper kits ive seen. I bought mine from motorcyclehidlights they were about 140 bucks, and thats with Slim ballasts. Their kits are also plug and play. In my opinion they make a very good HID Kit. 8000k would be blue with a slight hint of white. 6000k (which is what im getting very soon) is white with a slight hint of blue, some say its the most white HID. Then you have the 4300k which is OEM factory white, lights like you see in higher end luxury cars. Also and correct me if im wrong. The 4300k offers your the best visibility out of any of the Kits. You can also buy 10,000k and 12,000k but arent worth a crap if you want to actually be able to see at night. So i recommend trying motorcyclehidlights all together like that. Kits may seem a little on the high side compared to Ebay, but IMHO very worth it. Hope this helps

After doing some research on this exact same issue, it seemed that the HID of choice on this forum comes from DDM Tuning. Based on the dozens of recommendations by the Busa guys on here, I purchased the 35 watt high beam and low beams in 6000k. $25/each bulb and ballast, so $50 for the pair plus like $15 shipping. And DDM Tuning offers lifetime warranty on the bulbs.

I looked at the ebay kits and frankly, the DDM Tuning stuff was just about as cheap and dozens of guys on here already swear by them. So for a total cost of $65 for both high and low beams, it seemed like a no brainer. Mine should be here this week.

For some resaon, I want to say that DDM's quality and service went down hill fast, but I could be wrong.

That said, I have one of DDM's earlier kits on my bike for two years with no issues

I have DDM kits in my Buell and my F150. So far no issues in 3 years. I have the 6000K 55Watt kits. Almost completly white light. Will be doing the Busa soon with similar kits.

After doing some research on this exact same issue, it seemed that the HID of choice on this forum comes from DDM Tuning. Based on the dozens of recommendations by the Busa guys on here, I purchased the 35 watt high beam and low beams in 6000k. $25/each bulb and ballast, so $50 for the pair plus like $15 shipping. And DDM Tuning offers lifetime warranty on the bulbs.

I looked at the ebay kits and frankly, the DDM Tuning stuff was just about as cheap and dozens of guys on here already swear by them. So for a total cost of $65 for both high and low beams, it seemed like a no brainer. Mine should be here this week.

keep us updated!

I will be putting two kits on the Busa as soon as I get it. What bulbs do our bikes take? I may have kits laying around that will work.

I bought a Xentec for like $45 and they work fine and have for a year now.best thing is to make sure all the plugs are tight and you run an HID relay kit so it gets its own 12V off the battery.Only thing is I do the start button trick as I couldnt find the delay relay at the time. I went 10K probably would do 8K next time but they are bright.Also did the switchbacks for added light up front

I just looked it up using the search for Gen1s, H7 for low beam and 9005 for high beam.

I wonder if a projector upgrade would fit in the factory housing. I did the upgrade on my Bronco and it was way better than just HIDs alone.

image-2808895265.png

I just ordered some today from theretrofitsource.com, they have projectors that fit in the stock housing.

this thread is what let me to them.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...161239-attempting-hid-projector-retrofit.html

Looks like a nice peice, i did not go with the angel eyes, but did the bixenon projector for the low beam spot, and got an hid bulb/ballast for the high beam to go behind the factory projector. Ill try to post pics when I get the stuff and install it. The reason I went this route is then you have the proper projector to get the correct cutoff line on the light so you do not blind other motorists but have the visibility of hid's

I have a gen 1 and went with 35w 5000k h7 DDM Tuning kit for the low beam, and it is plenty bright enough. Didn't change the high beam and rarely use it. The closer you get to 4300k, the closer to true white. 6000k starts to get blue and the higher you go, it looks purple.

A guy on the blackbird board fabbed HID shields for a group of us. Really focused the light and took the excess out of the trees.

For some resaon, I want to say that DDM's quality and service went down hill fast, but I could be wrong.

That said, I have one of DDM's earlier kits on my bike for two years with no issues

i tried to order one bulb and ballast through ddm tonight. cost 25$, shipping to canada 36$.
No Thanks DDM.

Back