Looking for better sideview mirrors for K8

ZeePopo

Registered
Hey guys,

I'm 6' over and the tinny mirrors on my k8 are driving me nuts. I cant see **** behind me half the time. What are my better options to increase visibility behind me? I seen a lot of aftermarket mirrors but not sure which way to go.

Have you considered mirror extenders? About $20 online for black Delrin or anodized aluminum. You can get 3/4" or 1". Works with stock mirrors.

Mirror extenders work great, just be sure to get aluminum ones and not plastic. If your looking to change out the look of the mirror you can put gsxr ones on. Look at Pashnits website.

Hmm I had not considered extenders. Seems like a good option as well. Do the gsxr ones come farther out?

Dont even bother........... been there done that with marginal results. Look into getting a set of Bar end mirrors, you can go the expensive route and get a set from CRG or buy a knock off set from ebay for around $60. Either way I prefer the foldable bar end mirrors. Got turned onto them a little while ago and it was like a Eureeka!! moment the 1st time I sat on my busa with them. There are a few others on here that I seen rocking the bar end mirrors and I'm sure they will agree they help with the visibility and style :thumbsup:

Gsxr mirrors work great.
They are much easier to see out of than the stock busa.
You would need extenders for them.
The SV650/1000 mirrors are the same as the gsxr, only the stalks are longer, so they sit out further.

Rear facing camera. Available at all auto parts places. Last time I looked about $120 for cam and monitor

GSXR Mirrors + extenders is a popular low-cost option. The GSXR mirrors are slightly wider than stock. A lot of members here use them + low cost.

Have the billet extenders in stock.

http://www.pashnit.com/product/hayabusa_mirrors.html

8536377637_3fef3c5379_b.jpg

8536613929_cbb544caf6_b.jpg

8536613819_b2bd98b35e_b.jpg

8536377637_3fef3c5379_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont even bother........... been there done that with marginal results. Look into getting a set of Bar end mirrors, you can go the expensive route and get a set from CRG or buy a knock off set from ebay for around $60. Either way I prefer the foldable bar end mirrors. Got turned onto them a little while ago and it was like a Eureeka!! moment the 1st time I sat on my busa with them. There are a few others on here that I seen rocking the bar end mirrors and I'm sure they will agree they help with the visibility and style :thumbsup:

^^^

What he said. CRG.

cheers
ken

nov 11 bike shots 044.jpg

Back