Looking for a part-time assistant.....

GPW

Donating Member
Registered
I am undecided on how this will all work out right now but I know I need an assistant. I am leaning towards a by the job type of payment program. Looking for someone with natural smarts and a very high level of work ethics & attention to detail. Where this leads is really based on your own drive and ability.

Must be able to assist me with work in the shop, weekly sweep and mop of the shop. Perfect summer job for the right person with a mechanical gift. If rushing, or "its close enough" and breaking stuff is what you like doing don't waste yours or my time. Race experience either on the road race track or drag strip is also huge plus. Clean cut appearance and clean criminal background are also required. Fitness is very important, you must be able to lift a 200+ lb motor by yourself from the ground to work bench.

There are zero benefits at this time and you will get a 10-99 at the end of the year. You are required to report your own earnings. You will have to sign a no-compete aggreement and a confidentiality agreement as well.

Must have a M/C license!

Inquires please PM.

He will be 1099 the person, he does not need workmans comp. The independent contractor will supply their own health insurance.

He will be 1099 the person, he does not need workmans comp. The independent contractor will supply their own health insurance.
Thanks Sir, we use several sub-contractors weekly (custom painters, welders, fabrication) and they are all 10-99 guys for the past three years and love it. There are several guidlines which we know already. However this is not a business class. I am looking for one cool dude/gal to help me keep on schedule, we are slammed.

This would have been the perfect job for me 25 years ago...lots of hands on with multiple brands of bikes. :beerchug:

Last edited:
:beerchug: it's like your favorite summer job (being a life guard at the local swimming hole with all the pretty girls)... sorry off topic..:laugh:

If I don't have a full time job and you need just lifting stuff and sweeping/mopping the floor, I'd do it in a heartbeat. J/K. Hope I have the time. I'd help you out.

best places to find quality individuals are though a excellent networking tool such as this one

you can't afford me...:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

and OSHA will have field day with your work requirements if someone hurts their back lifting 200 lbs upon your request.

If I don't have a full time job and you need just lifting stuff and sweeping/mopping the floor, I'd do it in a heartbeat. J/K. Hope I have the time. I'd help you out.
Thanks, you have been to our shop more than anyone, you know the type of person that fits with our program.

Looking for the right person to shift some responsibilities over to as they prove themselves with the small stuff leading up to the BIG stuff later

Unfortunately MANY business's have gone down the drain because of lazy clock watchers, poor quality control...................................and excessive overhead. We were the only small business in our area that showed a huge increase in the first quarter of this year over last year numbers so I know we are on the right road. Numbers don't lie.

... :beerchug:

Last edited:
Some thoughts. Looks like you need an apprentice type guy. That is great, would you be willing to take a hard worker eager to learn to do it the right way and respects quality work? Here is why I ask, you may get a better employee if you get one with only a little experience and you take the time to train them over an experienced guy who has developed his own habits. It may not take a huge load off you in the begining but in the end it might pay big.

Also I would not discount guys that have gotten in trouble with the law and paid their debt to society. My neighbors brother got into some trouble and served 10 years. When he got out his only goal in life was to provide for his daughter and earn a living doing the right thing. He really had a hard time finding work as you can expect. The thing is he was so greatful when he found work that he busted his ass and worked as hard as two men.

Just my thought.

Some thoughts. Looks like you need an apprentice type guy. That is great, would you be willing to take a hard worker eager to learn to do it the right way and respects quality work? Here is why I ask, you may get a better employee if you get one with only a little experience and you take the time to train them over an experienced guy who has developed his own habits. It may not take a huge load off you in the begining but in the end it might pay big.

Also I would not discount guys that have gotten in trouble with the law and paid their debt to society. My neighbors brother got into some trouble and served 10 years. When he got out his only goal in life was to provide for his daughter and earn a living doing the right thing. He really had a hard time finding work as you can expect. The thing is he was so greatful when he found work that he busted his ass and worked as hard as two men.

Just my thought.
Excellent points Sir!

Back