Looking for a part-time assistant.....

Some thoughts. Looks like you need an apprentice type guy. That is great, would you be willing to take a hard worker eager to learn to do it the right way and respects quality work? Here is why I ask, you may get a better employee if you get one with only a little experience and you take the time to train them over an experienced guy who has developed his own habits. It may not take a huge load off you in the begining but in the end it might pay big.

Also I would not discount guys that have gotten in trouble with the law and paid their debt to society. My neighbors brother got into some trouble and served 10 years. When he got out his only goal in life was to provide for his daughter and earn a living doing the right thing. He really had a hard time finding work as you can expect. The thing is he was so greatful when he found work that he busted his ass and worked as hard as two men.

Just my thought.
yea till you hire them and then find out their propensity for making bad choices did not change....

hard to change the spots on a leopard.. I tried this a three times and will never do it again... you stick your neck out there and get stabbed in the back in return... Suppose there are a few good ones out there but I wont be the guy trying to find them..

It is a nice talk but a near impossible walk...

better re-think your ins because if somone gets hurt weather they are 1099 you are still the one that has the busisness and if someone gets hurt on the job its on the owner check with a workers comp lawyer youll see that you will needed

better re-think your ins because if somone gets hurt weather they are 1099 you are still the one that has the busisness and if someone gets hurt on the job its on the owner check with a workers comp lawyer youll see that you will needed

Surround yourself with great people and great things happen. :beerchug: and yes liability is always addressed with everyone we work with. I agree there are some people out there that always seem to slip and fall.. :whistle: I was shot in the line of duty in 1999 and was back to work in a week. Thats the type of person we are looking for.

Last edited:
Back