Looking For A Member With A 1999 Or 2000 Hayabusa

EchoBase

Registered
Hello All,

I unknowingly purchased a Power Commander 5 for a 1999-2000 hayabusa
I own a 2006 and the PCV plugs are different for my bike.
1999-2000 has a square Fuel Injection plug and the 2002-2007 have a round one.
I have researched the service manual, online, emailed dynojet, called one of their tuners and a distributor looking for information that can help me with the solution I have come up with.
So now I have to ask my fellow busa riders for help with this one.

My solution is to make a conversion plug for each side as I have access to factory connector housings, seals and terminals but I need one of two things.

1. A detailed picture of the wire colours and orientation on a PCV for a 2002-2007 Hayabusa
2. Detailed pictures of the main Fuel Injection plug on a 1999-2000 Hayabusa showing wire colours and orientation of wires and pictures of whatever that main plug goes to (fuel injector plugs, TPS and maybe something else).

I'll attach some reference pictures

Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 11.45.30 PM.png

81-K40rMtjL._SL1500_-2.jpg

Just wanted to update the status of this undertaking.
I contacted Dynojet and they were gracious enough to provide me the the wire colour identification key for the wires that come out of the PCV.
I was able to get a factory male and female connector and pins from japan for my round injector tps connector.
I used the factory wiring colours and identified what colour is used for what via the busa factory service manual.
So at this point physically all the alterations are made.
With regards to the fuel maps you can not simply download a map for my 06 busa from the power commander website and send it to this power commander. The maps are specific to the hardware. I had to manually one by one copy the values from a fuel map for the 02-07 busa over to a random map that is intended for the power commander I'm using (99-00 busa). I then save that map, send it to the PCV and we're good to go.
That map is just a starting point as I have a power commander autotune module I'm going to use on the bike to get me a precise map over time for the bike.
The only reason I even went through all of this is because as mentioned in the earlier post I purchased the wrong PCV form my bike and a very good price. If anyone needs to do use a PCV for a bike it is not designed for, perhaps this thread can help them!

:beerchug:
FullSizeRender.jpg

Original connector body with pins removed
IMG_3143.JPG

Original pins that need to be cut off
IMG_3145.JPG

New connector body
IMG_3144.JPG

Crimper and new pins that need to be crimped on wires
IMG_3147.JPG

Job done!
IMG_3153.JPG

Hi , would you be able to help with a step by step process and colour coding if i wish to do a reverse mod , like what to cut and where to put. From what i see you have converted a 99-00 PCV to 02-07 . Can you please help me with a reverse guide and step to do the same? I too have a 2000 Hayabusa but in India and would love to do a similar mod.

I can arrange for a PC3 or PCV but for 02-07 Model , and would like to use that on my 2000 Busa.

Back