Looking for a bike with sidecar

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
What’s up guys? I’m looking for a bike with a sidecar so I can take my wife and our pup for a ride. We now have a 6 month old Alaskan Malamute. I’m willing to give up my Busa for something like a Beemer with a sidecar. Here’s our pup.
First pic is when he’s 8 weeks old. His name is Dasher, btw.
Second pic is from about a week ago.

700E828C-93C8-4582-BE57-AA80D73BB738.jpeg

E2CD6800-19B6-4B43-9E90-7468F169FC03.jpeg

The Busa still holds the record in UK at least for fastest street sidecar , I think ...:rolleyes:
That little rascal ain't going to stay little is he , and your wife is going to be sharing that chair with him , but what a great family fun machine you will have to share with those you love . I hope you get either a Busa done or something else and really enjoy it , good luck and keep us posted will ya !!

Where can I have it done? Thanks.

Sorry, I don't know.
I've seen many on the internet.
Different companies, designs, points of attachment, etc.
I would research U.S based sidecar companies.
Or, watch Craigslist.
I see a couple touring style bikes on there with sidecars every year.
You may find a decent bike with a sidecar at a good price, and be able to keep your Busa too. As I recall, you've had it a long time.

You're in the Maryland area, correct?
I just searched CL and found 5 bikes with sidecars.
An 08 Victory for $7500.
Also, a sidecar by itself for a grand.
I use Lynchburg, Va CL, and include all nearby areas.
I'm not on FB either, but see lots of good deals when I search their marketplace for bikes. You may want to look there too.
Good luck.

I had a Malamute. Three actually and a sled to go with them. You will need a big sidecar :). Just make sure it is attached properly and aligned carefully. The three wheel guys are nuts but they hold a wealth of information in their noggins. They love a convert. A quick google search will turn up lots of sights. Have fun.Beautiful dog too

The Busa still holds the record in UK at least for fastest street sidecar , I think ...:rolleyes:
That little rascal ain't going to stay little is he , and your wife is going to be sharing that chair with him , but what a great family fun machine you will have to share with those you love . I hope you get either a Busa done or something else and really enjoy it , good luck and keep us posted will ya !!
No, he won’t.
I’ll keep you guys posted.

You're in the Maryland area, correct?
I just searched CL and found 5 bikes with sidecars.
An 08 Victory for $7500.
Also, a sidecar by itself for a grand.
I use Lynchburg, Va CL, and include all nearby areas.
I'm not on FB either, but see lots of good deals when I search their marketplace for bikes. You may want to look there too.
Good luck.
Yes, We’re in Maryland. Thanks. Will do.

I had a Malamute. Three actually and a sled to go with them. You will need a big sidecar :). Just make sure it is attached properly and aligned carefully. The three wheel guys are nuts but they hold a wealth of information in their noggins. They love a convert. A quick google search will turn up lots of sights. Have fun.Beautiful dog too
Three malamutes!!
Thank you.

It was a while ago when we actually got snow. Wonderful dogs. In some ways they were like a cat. They viewed the world with royal disdain. :). My function in their lives was to devoted myself to their comfort. Not fast like Siberians but strong like an ox

How about these? Was looking at them in Charlotte when I bought my BMW and they are very retro-cool!

There's one on Norfolk CL for $15,500 Arch.
If you need a test/crash dummy to ride around in it, I'm down.
I've been hoping for years that one of my friends would show up with something with a sidecar, so they could chauffer me around...so far no luck.

Hey Six. If you really want to be a Monkey on a rig I would suggest going to a few events where they have chairs. Go to the pits and talk to a few of the drivers and and helpers and ask intelligent questions. Let them know you are interested in learning
A lot of times they will know someone who needs a partner. People get hurt or can't make an event and the driver needs a passenger. leave your phone number and take an interest. I would not be that surprised if you could get a regular spot on a team. My only warning is watch. the guys who race once or twice and make sure the pilot you are thinking of approaching seems like a compitent driver. Not one who is always hitting the dirt or wobbling through corners. They do crash and you can get seriously hurt The rigs are heavy and will flip. Sometimes with you under them
The open chairs let you've around a lot more and actually feel like you are participating
In the very Newest rigs you get to move your head and back and forth. They are almost formula 2 cars missing a wheel
But otherwise it is a lot of fun
JP

Hey Six. If you really want to be a Monkey on a rig I would suggest going to a few events where they have chairs. Go to the pits and talk to a few of the drivers and and helpers and ask intelligent questions. Let them know you are interested in learning
A lot of times they will know someone who needs a partner. People get hurt or can't make an event and the driver needs a passenger. leave your phone number and take an interest. I would not be that surprised if you could get a regular spot on a team. My only warning is watch. the guys who race once or twice and make sure the pilot you are thinking of approaching seems like a compitent driver. Not one who is always hitting the dirt or wobbling through corners. They do crash and you can get seriously hurt The rigs are heavy and will flip. Sometimes with you under them
The open chairs let you've around a lot more and actually feel like you are participating
In the very Newest rigs you get to move your head and back and forth. They are almost formula 2 cars missing a wheel
But otherwise it is a lot of fun
JP

I would love to try, but am at the wrong stage of life for it. If I make it 10 more years, my little one will be grown, and I can do the few bucket list rides that I want to.
A little more risk than I can afford right now, especially with someone else at the controls.
Good ideas and info though, I appreciate it.

My dad had a sidecar on his Yamaha XS1100 Midnight Special...I hated that sidecar like nobody's business...

He seemed to work forever so it would track right...eventually lost some of his stubbornness and took it to a re-known sidecar guru who sorted it out.

It sure ate up that bike, after a few years it was junk due to hauling all that extra weight. Sad because the bike was pristine before he put the hack on it.

Back