Looking for a bike cover

JDookie

Registered
I have found covers anywhere from $30 to $150. I don't really care about price, but I'm looking for a good cover that is pretty much waterproof yet soft to the touch on the inside so it doesn't scratch. My bike stays under a covered area, but during a hard rain the mist will wet the bike, and wind will definitely blow the cover around, so that's why I'd like it to be soft.

Anyone have any suggestions??

Dowco are the covers that I have used. Large works well.

Nelson Rigg Deluxe All Season Covers
Made from medium weight UV treated Tri-Max polyester. Water resistant with air ventilators. Heat-shield lower panels. Snug elastic bottom with 1-inch grommets. Soft windshield liner.

Nelson Rigg Deluxe All Season Cover Black/Silver

Order # Price........ Description......
(89638) $30.95 Nelson Rigg Deluxe All Season Cover Black/Silver MD #MC904M Mfg.#: MC90402MD
(89639) $34.95 Nelson Rigg Deluxe All Season Cover Black/Silver LG #MC904L Mfg.#: MC90403LG
(89640) $35.95 Nelson Rigg Deluxe All Season Cover Black/Silver XL #MC904XL Mfg.#: MC90404XL

http://www.accwhse.com/nelson_r.htm#Bike%20covers

Mine fits very well and has a soft lining for over the shield and front fairing. Its either a L or XL. Let me know and I'll look if your interested.

Lot of opinions on this one, but I use a Geza Cover. They are pretty well-known and have been around forever. Nice thing is it comes in a little pressure sack and with Ig's Hump Mod- I can store it in the hump, and take it whereever I go when I'm traveling- good at the races, stops, & hotels. That alone sold me.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
http://www.gezagear.com if ya wanna check out Tom's site.

Img_9472.jpg

Img_9501.jpg

biggrin.gif

I love my Geza cover. Fantastic quality, easy to put on/take off, and tight enough where it does not flap around in the breeze...

Dowco are the covers that I have used.  Large works well.
idea.gif
I just bought a Dowco Ultri-Light Large. Comes with top vents so any high wind will be vented, lower tightner bands, a cross under (for under the bike) to secure the cover and last but not least a solf inside. Cost, a meer $ 49.95
wow.gif
, a great buy
biggrin.gif

I also have a Nelson-Rigg , plastic and great in the garadge during the summer, but in the winter it gets kinda stiff. I also have a BAG MAN, but it's too heavy but has fleese inside for long storage. And NOTHING gets through that thing  
wink.gif

Thanks for the suggestions guys. So far, the Dowco Guardian Weatherall Plus is really looking good. As awesome as the cycle shell is, it's just too big of a contraption for where my bike sits, otherwise, that would be great.

One point on the guardian though...the dowco site says (M)edium will fit the Busa...you guys are buying (L)arge...

SOoo...should we buy medium or large?

Back