Looking at picking up a B King... ABS question

servion

Registered
I've got a lead on a solid bike, but I'm trying to figure out if it has ABS, and the owner doesn't know. Is there anything easy I can specifically ask him to look for to tell if it does or not? Also, would it say on the title or can you tell by the VIN?

Secondly, if it does have ABS, I read that it makes it impossible to endo/wheelie/break traction. I do want to be able to do a burnout at the track, etc. Is that true? Can it be easily disabled by removing a fuse or something to that effect? How intrusive is it?

If its the ABS model it should have...

a toothed / slotted plate inside the front disc,
an extra wire running down to the front wheel,
A small ABS sticker on the front guard.

Exactly what I need thank you!

As far as riding with ABS, I've read conflicting information. Can you still do burnouts, endos, pull a wheelie, etc.? I'm not looking to do anything crazy, but I will drag race it occasionally. I just sold my turbo busa, so traction loss is not unknown territory, but I want to know if I am going to have the bike cutting our/applying the brakes when I'm on 1 wheel or spinning, etc.

Not an expert, but I bring them out :laugh: I would think wheelies and burnouts would be fine and it would seem that endos would be doable.

Just buy a non abs instead with better options if u worry about burnouts and wheelies.
I just put mine on sale lol, check it out in the classified section.

Back