Looking at getting new tires

DocDrop

Hooch Master
Donating Member
Registered
My tires are getting worn. So what tires do you guys recommend replacing the factory worn out ones.

Dear Darrell

I've heard good things about Pirelli Diablos, but I have no personal experience with them.

Do you need both front and rear tires? How many miles have you put on them?

--Jaddie

Pilot Powers 2c
beerchug.gif

First you have to describe;
What you want out of your tire? Grip, mileage, combo
What kind of riding you do? Touring, crusing, drag strip, twisties, trackdays, bling bling

this should be fun !!
lurk.gif
Opinions.....

We got 8500 from our stock....what tore them to shreads was THE DRAGON, and Cherohola.(constant switchbacks).but when we came home . I bought Bt56's again...I got used to them and didn't want to experiment $$$$$$ for seeing a difference..and we DO RIDE....our chicken stripes are gone within 1st 100 miles of new tires...

this should be fun !!
lurk.gif
Opinions.....

We got 8500 from our stock....what tore them to shreads was THE DRAGON, and Cherohola.(constant switchbacks).but when we came home . I bought Bt56's again...I got used to them and didn't want to experiment $$$$$$ for seeing a difference..and we DO RIDE....our chicken stripes are gone within 1st 100 miles of new tires...
I like the BT-56's too. I only got 4800 out of my first rear tho
sad.gif
Think I'm gonna go Avon storms next
winkold.gif

Well the riding i do is some twisties (i do live in Mississippi)not a whole lot of them but when wi do see them i try them. I ride a mixture of interstate/back roads. I may take it to the drag strip just to see what it will do but if i want to drag race i will use the drag bike. So i guess i'm looking for a combo tire. We will be riding the dragon for the bash also. This weekend riding put a hurt on them, so what do you think would fit my needs. Where can i get them.

Qualifier, Pilot power, M3, Pirelli's diablo rosso or BT015 are all good tires for that type of riding.

thanks guys for giving me your opinions on tires for our bikes. If you have anymore suggestions keep them coming.

Been running pilot powers since oem tires died. Had a set of Storms put on yesterday. I have about 200 miles on them so far and like them. Only time will tell how much I will like them.
The wife on the other hand already loves them. She says they are a lot more "stable" feeling than the powers.

I just got a set of Dunlop Qualifiers, after lots of research and hearing good things about them performing well and lasting.

I would like to add to Busasweety's comments. I had no issues with the oem 56's. I did want an improvment, but didnt want to sacrifice mileage. So, this time I went with the BT-021's. Dual compound and should do what I want. But, I only have about 50 miles on them so far and plan to rememdy that this coming weekend!
beerchug.gif

Dont be afraid to try the Maxxis Supermax tires. I'm on my 3rd set. Love em. ($175 for the set helps too.)

makes me wonder how many of us have way more tire than we can use anyway..
laugh.gif

Yeah im looking for a good all around tire and a good price for them. Where are you all getting your tires from. Local shops or are you getting them from the web.

Yeah im looking for a good all around tire and a good price for them. Where are you all getting your tires from. Local shops or are you getting them from the web.
It depends if you have someone who can mount and balance the tires on your rims.  Dealerships charge a lot out here, over $100.

But I have a local small shop that does it $10 a rim, mounted and balanced.  I remove the wheels from the bike and bring them to him.  And he can get tires at the same or better price than I can find on the internet.  Parts411 normally has good deals.

I still end up buying tires off the internet sometimes. For 2 reasons.
1)I have tires ready to be put on immediately and don't have to worry about back-order or shipping delays.
2)When I have saved the money up for tires, I generally spend it on the tires before the money gets spent somewhere else.

Back