Looking at buying a busa but also looking at honda cbr1000rr

Shadow9653

Registered
I wanted some input from everybody on these two bikes. I really like the busa but I want the best bike I can buy. I will be using it every day to go to work and then find some good roads to ride on during the weekend. I won't be racing or anything like that. Just need some help from yall. Any info will be great. thanks Shadow9653

:welcome: to the .Org! Both bikes are mostly bullet-proof, and will be good, daily riders--for "sportsbikes." The Busa will be a more comfortable ride overall, but is heavier than the RR. The RR will handle better in the corners, but the Busa is King on the straights. Sit on both of them at the dealerships, and ask for assistance so you can put your feet on both pegs to get a sense of the riding positions. Don't be fooled by how light they both feel, since they don't have any fuel in their tanks, any oil in their cases, and any batteries in their boxes. Good luck!

:welcome: Don't know about the Honda. The Busa is big and comfortable for longer trips but handles surprising well in the twisties.

I used to sell bikes for Honda and I ride a busa.

the CBR 1000 is STUPID fast with the weight of a 600. If I were to buy a fullblown track bike I would definitly be looking at this, but when Honda designed it, they designed for Supersport and MotoGP....not commuters...

You can comfortably ride a CBR for 30 minutes. You can ride a Busa for EVER.

just my common cents on it.

also I would never but another human being on the back of an 08 or better cbr, that tail section is almost missing:welcome:

You wouldn't be here if you didn't already have the Busa in your heart lol....She's the right choice:thumbsup:

I just recently got an 05 Busa and I test rode an 08 1000rr a few months ago. Don't get an 07 they are totally different beast. I can't speak for the newer Gen Busa.

Both are fantastic bikes and choosing one would depend on riding style.

I like to hit the twisties at least once a week but I also use my Busa for a 23 mile round trip ride to and from work along with a trip here and there. I did a 1000 miles on the Busa in 2 days and it was a joy to ride. Comfortable with good wind protection. I was able to comfortably go 170 miles before needing a stretch. The Busa also handles the twisties a lot better then I expected. No chicken stripes left on my tires. It takes a little more effort to lean it but not so much that I get tired after a day in the twisties. The suspension is working great for me as it holds a very tight line. I also hate re-fueling and the tank size is nice. If I don't rev her up to much which I don't need to in the mountains or commuting, I get 40 mph all the way up to 50 mph on long stretches. Revving it up though will yield low 30's. I easily go 150 to 170 miles before re-fueling and thats with plenty of gas left in the tank. 200 miles on a flat road would be very likely.

Although my time was limited on the CBR, I can tell you that it has great suspension, if you want it to lean, think it and it leans. It was without a doubt the most flick-able liter bike I have been on. The power delivery is very smooth and impressive. It's similar to the Busa in that it makes power very quick and it cuts through the air like butter when accelerating.

I've been on GSXR 1000's, the 09 R1, and used to own a FZ1. Of all these I would choose the CBR any day of the week.

If I could have two bikes I would have the CBR and Busa but since I can't right now I'd choose the Busa. This is because I ride to much to sit on a CBR all day although out of the above Liter bikes I've rode it is the most comfortable with the exception of the FZ1. If I was just hitting the twisties and riding my daily ride to and from work I might take the CBR over the Busa. The Busa is just more user friendly for the variety of riding I do though.

I let an 09 CBR 1000 by me today on Blood Mtn. because I thought when the truck finally pulled over to let us by that he would leave me behind. He didn't have anything for the Busa. Good looking bike though. Not nearly as fast as I thought they were going to be.:whistle:

I'd second and third what everyone has said here. I own a F4I which weighs about the same as the 1000RR and has about the same aggressive stance. Hard on the wrists. Fun for my short 20 minute commute, but not much longer than 30-45 minutes.

I just bought an '05 Busa. It has a more neutral riding position that sold me on the bike instead of going with the bigger Honda (I love Honda but the riding position is just too hard). One thing about Honda, they are pretty much bullet-proof. I've heard the same thing about the Busa. Hope it turns out that way.

I let an 09 CBR 1000 by me today on Blood Mtn. because I thought when the truck finally pulled over to let us by that he would leave me behind. He didn't have anything for the Busa. Good looking bike though. Not nearly as fast as I thought they were going to be.:whistle:
Hype can be a wonderful thing eh? :laugh:

Back