Looking at 2011 Busa this week

cip57

Registered
Been riding for 35 years and recently sold my 1999 XX Blackbird. Can't seem to get a test ride on a Busa so some help would be appreciated. I live at around 70-90MPH on the highway. What RPM are you guys at and is there any buzzing in pegs and bars. Are the mirrors clear, are there any RPM that get a bit bussy and shake the mirrors . My XX was smooth through redline and i'm looking for the same with the Busa. I thought this would be the best place to have these questions answered.

Current rides
2001ZRX 1200
1982 GS1100EZ

Thanks, Steve

There is a slight buzz on the Gen II at about 4500rpm, smooth otherwise. Both my Gen I and Gen II bikes will idle down the highway at 80mph. I dont remember what rpm it is, but its smooth. Welcome to the oRg. :welcome:

Hi Steve,
A month ago i switched my 2004 Blackbird for a 2011 Hayabusa.
One of the things i noticed straight away is that at low speed the Busa stays much cooler than the Bird.
Like Twotonevert says a little buzz but nothing uncomfy.
Fuel consumption is about the same.
It also feels much lighter than the Bird altough the difference is only about 12 kilos.
For me it also sits more comfortable than the Bird.
Anyway see that you can make a testride and i'am certain you want one.
They are two fantastic but oh so different bikes.
:cheerleader::cheerleader:
ImageShack Links Do Not Work
Before

ImageShack Links Do Not Work
After
:welcome::cheerleader:

Not 100% sure but I think that is a Blackbird in the claws of the Falcon :whistle: BTW, welcome, Steve :)

3m53p23l15V55Z35U3a669dbc177e97f310e9.jpg

Can't tell you the delta between the bikes. Mine is pretty smooth. 4K RPM at 70 MPH don't know about 90 MPH but gearingcommander.com would tell you. I can tell you that the Busa just purrs at 90 and is still pulling hard when you go the distance. Best of luck and just to let you know.......black is the fastest color :whistle:

I think you will love it. The busa just begs for high speed highway jaunts. Whenever I spend an hour or more on the freeway, I usually find myself just cruising along at 85-90... its just a good cruising speed.

Dont take a test ride unless you are prepared to buy the bike that day... Because if you dont leave the dealer with the bike, you will start having withdrawls... :laugh:

i had an 02 bird. Nice bike i know have a gen2 busa. I like the busa a lot and have no regrets. I find the busa significantly more powerful

i had an 02 bird. Nice bike i know have a gen2 busa. I like the busa a lot and have no regrets. I find the busa significantly more powerful

Thanks for the posts

Bryan i'm just south in Hawthorne, NY

Where did you buy yours Dutchess Rec. on 55

Welcome to the org. I ride my girl up to stillwater from OKC atleast twice a month. It is just over and hour long ride. I have not noticed any bad harmonics. I keep the speed down for the most part, but like little blasts into the triple digits. Good luck on the search and you really just can't lose getting one of these amazing mounts.

I find myself mostly cruising at about 80 - 85 MPH, which in 6th gear turns about 4500 RPM. Just like someone stated earlier...she's just idling!

Back