lookin to lower the busa

john32303

Registered
hi all

lookin to lower the busa but had some questions. I see that there are 1" lowering things for the front and 1"-2" for the back. My girlfriend rides with me a lot. so is lowering it have any effect with her riding on the back. like wheel scrub etc?

thanks
john

Yes lowering it to much will cause rubbing, because of the added weight, plus to low your oil pan will hit. You can do risers in the front or triple tree and the back you can use the dog bones. I have both risers and triple trees on two different busa. If you use the riser it will be a preset drop but if you use a triple tree you can adjust it. Hope this helps

Buy Adjustable Real links. Soupy's makes some good ones. That way you can adjust it and the spring to suit your needs. Plus really depends on how much you both weigh also.... can buy stronger springs from GC also.

SoupysAdjustableLinks.jpg

Depends on how much you and the woman weigh makes it how low you can drop it with the stock suspension.  You also don't have to slam it, simply doing a mild lowering job looks great also.

i weigh around 200 and my gf is around 130. so 1" in the front and 1" in the back? i have the stock undertail so i think i should have enough clearance back there with her on the back.

Back