Lookin like a productive member of society

BigBadDodge

Registered
Had to dig out some decent clothes for the interview with the PD tomorrow, they said informal which i ended up asking around about since all my interviews have been for welding gigs which really just require clean jeans and a shirt :rofl: Thinking this should work, sent the pics to some of my lady friends and the response from all of em was i need to keep dressing this way, that wont happen but i figured wranglers and a tshirt was a bit to laid back for a law enforcement interview.

And i do not have a mirror thats tall enough to get my entire self into it in this house:whistle:

cc.jpg

cc1.jpg

Shave!!!!

And a long sleeve shirt the PD doesn't like tattoos!!!

you poor guy. has it gotten that bad? ???

i would not wish that job on anyone.
not only the physical danger, but the mental stress.

congrats man. if i ever get out of the pipeline field and look into another career itll be law enforcement or armed security. it has been a dream of mine to go into it for a while just can financially pursue it right now.

since i've been in korea, i've discovered tailored/custom made shirts. they fit soooooo nice.

Looks pretty good. Definitely tie and if you happen to have at least a sports jacket.

Good luck with the interview.

tapatalk - on my HTC ERIS rooted with cyanogen mod 7

Dress to Impress I always say, especially for an interview.
You will certainly not be the only one applying for a wanted position.
Make yourself stand out and look better than the rest if possible. Lots of folks will show up looking like bums.
Most likely your interview will be videotaped no? If so it will look a lot better if your dressed well.
We get folks in here all the time applying in shorts and T shirt for professional jobs. No chance.

And good luck on the job.

Like others have said, I'd get a long sleeve shirt, wear a tie and if you do have a sports jacket or something like that I'd wear it. You can always dress down and remove the jacket if your interviewer does not have one or just keep it on to hide if you are sweating your azz off :laugh:

Also as goofy as this might sound, wear a watch. Not something flashy but something practical if you have one. If not borrow one from your bother. Think about it, cops are *always* in need of a time device as they are required to make exact notes of time of day when stuff happens. I know some guys that have given interviews for other jobs (EMS for example) and were turning people down for not showing up with the right gear. Hard azzes for sure but stupid stuff matters sometimes.

Maybe shave everything but the mustache. You may need to get it thicker before they hire ya! You know i'm joking...right Officer(s)?

Welp went as pictured, with my nice watch. Went really well, it was technically an "informal" interview as the job has to be posted first before being filled. and actually got told i was overdressed :laugh: Guy was extremely laid back, spent a grand total of 2hrs which included a quick tour, checking out the cool toys!! Told me if it wasnt for the rules of "having to give everyone a fair chance" and waiting for the job to post as open he would start me tomorrow. He was writing a note in my file and will be notified as soon as they post it and we'll see where it goes for there.

He was looking through all my background stuff :whistle:

"So you sure seem to have a very well decorated past"
Yes sir
"So why would you want to become a cop"
Well they say if you can't beat em, join em
Chuckles, flips an other page "Welp you sure as hell cant beat em"

As he said facial hair would have to go, which i knew, tattoo's he wasnt worried about at all, said pending what the "big guy" says the blocks may come off as "threatening" and have to be covered. Which i could deal with.

congrats! first step done, hoping that the next steps go as you want :beerchug:

Well, I wish you all the best. Surprised about the tats and beard. Let us know what happens.

Back