Lookin for a new bike

Well getting another smaller bike would be the best choice to start with. Believe it or not a Katana is a good bike to start with if you know you are going to get a busa some day. The reason I say that is the fact that the two bikes have simular weight. The busa is easy to handle at speed but it is the low speed turns such as in a parking lot and what not that can cause problems. Once you get her off balance and she starts heading over you have to be pretty strong to keep it off the pavement. If you must get a busa as a first bike just make sure your right hand stays attached to your brain. If you go for a new 08 I would suggest staying in C mode and taking it slow and easy till you get a feeling for it. You said that you have signed up for classes which is the best first step to take, they will teach you the basics of shifting and turning and such. As for gear, a helmet is a must but dont forget the rest of your body. Look sround and find a good jacket and check into some reinforced jeans like DragginJeans and some good boots at least, remember road rash hurts. After all of that and you get the busa i would say first off to get some frame sliders on it, they can save a lot of damage if you do lay it over or drop it at low speed. Ok now onto riding. I would say to take her to a large parking lot for some low speed turns and a little shifting just to get used to the feel and weight of the bike. Practice this whenever you can, even experienced rides still do this. After you feel comfortable with the bike I would say to take it out to a deserted road and go for a ride perferibly with a friend. Remember that the sense of speed on a busa is like no other, you may think you are going 40 but you may be doing 70. One of the most important things to remember as a new rider is to ride at your own pace, many people crash trying to keep up with more experienced riders and end up riding beyond their ability. Your friends may tease you a little about being slow but it is better than wrecking a new busa and hurting yourself. Another good tip is to move the throttle slowly in the first couple of gears, too fast and you will be looking at the sky before you want to or even know it. Ok that is all I have for now. Remember to take it easy at first and get a feel for the bike, if you feel uncomfortable riding fast or going through turns just DONT, and most important WEAR ALL OF YOUR GEAR!!!! Dress for the crash not the ride. Oh, post pics when you get it and have fun.  
beerchug.gif
Right click - Save As.

Print that and tape it to the spot where you'll be parking a bike when you get it.
Everything in this is spot on.

Particularly the Katana part.  
cool.gif

Heres a picture of the one I had before the 06 gsxr750 I had before the Busa I currently own.

Katana4Sale001.jpg

Back