Lookiing for Busa turbo mechanic

Greg Gillis

Registered
I have a 1999 Hayabusa with one of the first Haun kits.  I did most of the work myself but had Dennis the Motorhead finish it up and dial it in.  My son borrowed the bike and put in a bit too much oil causing it to smoke a bit.  Him and his buddy thought something was wrong so they took off the left fairing (maybe lost some small pieces) and brought it back to me.  That was over a year ago.  I didn't tell him what I figure the problem is because I didn't want him nor his buddy to mess with it.  Now he bought his own bike and I don't have the ambition or time to work on mine.  I tried to reach the Motorhead but he apparently shut down, at least for the Winter.  I would like someone to change the oil and check it out to make sure nothing is wrong.

I also bought the lowering dogbones, swingarm extenders, new chain and sprocket that I would like installed.  I already installed the triple trees that can lower the front.  I have straps but never used them.

I would like to get a shifter but have fallen behind with the technology.  Should I get air or electric or electric over air?  I don't know what is out there.

The Motorhead is in Cleveland so that is not too far for the right mechanic.  Does anyone know a mechanic near Buffalo, NY or Southern Ontario that is familiar with Turbo Hayabusas?? Post and email direct.    
gillis@ecc.edu

Thanks. I will also accept more ideas.

Richard is about the same distance fom Buffalo as Cleveland. Hopefully I won't have to spend a bunch of time at the border.

Frank is over 7.5 hours away so that is a trip. He certainly looks qualified and is a certifies Haun installer. Thanks.

Still accepting ideas.

Good Luck
thumb_up.gif

All I can say is choose the tuner/mechanic carefully. Dennis has had some personal issues this year that would prevent me from going that route. I truly hope he gets things worked out. Pick who you want to work on it very carefully and ask questions (both from them and current outside references) before committing to let them do the work.

It is worth taking making a longer trip to make sure It is done correctly, timely, with your overall satisfaction in mind.

Greg you may want to log onto dynojets websight and look for locations of there certifide dyno tuners see if there is one close to you if they are on there list they can do good dyno work one of them may know a good mechanic to do the work if they cannot do it themself. also you may want to call Hahn and ask if they know of anyone close to you that can help

Greg:

The guys at Powerhouse have been installing and tuning turbo street and track bikes since 1978. They have done ATP, Mr. Turbo, Hahn, Anderson, McXpress, Velocity and RCC, to name a few. They build some solid motors as well!

They presently are dealers for Hahn and RCC, and are also a certified Dynojet dyno tuning center with all the latest software and equipment.

Its too bad you are 7 hours away . . .

Back