Look what i got my wife for Valentines Day!

mynewride

Registered
I was going to get one last year, but i just didnt have the funds. I found a smokin deal on this 2012 can am spyder rss with 1800 miles on it. I purchased it and had to sit on it for 2 weeks while i was in school. I had my 4 yr old daughter deliver flowers and a card to her work with the key taped into the card. As my plans always go she didnt even open the card till i asked her to after she got home. She had a bad day at work. But the new can am made her day.

Sent from the great Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Forum Runner

ForumRunner_20140224_211759.jpg

ForumRunner_20140224_211819.jpg

ForumRunner_20140224_211846.jpg

ForumRunner_20140224_211917.jpg

She recieved it on valentines day....im just slow posting it up here.

Sent from the great Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Forum Runner

Saw this on FB too...very nice!!! I'm sure she's going to have a blast on it! :thumbsup:

thanks guys. This thing is so coool. I have already found a way around the traction/stability control for some drifting action, but I have been seriously advised against doing it. Guys that say they have experience with crashing them. It is deceptively quick.Very different from a busa, however

oh and the oil change is rediculous. it takes 2 oil filters from k&n and that set me back 22 from amazon and it takes 5 qts of oil from amsoil at 9 dollars per qt with tax.

damn i love those things and congrats. do they have monsta torque or are they a tamed cat?:thumbsup:

Great torque, but the darn traction control is very intrusive. I will say this; however, the manager at the shop that I bought it from had one out a while back. He was at one of the local racing spots...i do not condone this,but it is his story. Anyhow, he was there and some kid was spouting off about how he was undefeated racing some curvy side street here in wichita. So this guy takes his automatic, traction controlled bike and offers up a race. The kid laughs in his face till he threw down 500 bucks. The kid took up the challenge expecting to smoke the can am through the corners. The race was off and the can am blew the doors off of this guy that could supposedly ride on his gixxer 1k. Nobody could believe it.

So moral of the story is that it can be very fast, but takes an entirely different skill set. It will pick the fastest line and if you try to push too hard it will use braking and throttle control to keep traction and line good. It actually works very well. You just cant do the cool burnouts and doughnuts with it engaged.

yes it is. it is actually very easy. however, from what i have read it usually ends up in disaster. Many a man has scratched a helmet with out the nanny there to get your back.

All you have to do is give a feedback from the rear wheel speed to the front wheelspeed. It will trick the computer into thinking things are just peechy king. somebody was working on a workaround to allow more steering angle, thus allowing a little more user input without getting the nanny involved. I have no idea what ever came of it.

supposedly the new spyders are ride by wire and the compter can cut throttle position, allowing a much less intrusive nanny. As it is now the nanny cuts ignition and fuel. when going fast around a corner and you try to roll on the throttle too aggressively it will missfire and it makes the bike sound like its dying. Even very low speeds and sharp turns will engage the nanny rather quickly with a small amount of throttle. Throw some sand in the mix and it makes you look like you have no idea how to ride.

Back