Longer kickstand options

jimbob8915

Registered
I have raised my Busa 1" in the rear and my bike now leans too far. Rear tire is a 190/55. I can find many adjustable stands or shorter ones for lowered but nothing for a raised Busa. Will another stand from a sport bike fit? It does not have the kickstand mod.

I have raised my Busa 1" in the rear and my bike now leans too far. Rear tire is a 190/55. I can find many adjustable stands or shorter ones for lowered but nothing for a raised Busa. Will another stand from a sport bike fit? It does not have the kickstand mod.
Hi. Buy a used kickstand cut it up and use the piece to weld to your stock stand. If you can not weld bring the parts to a pro welder

Don't know if you figured anything out by now but I have the stock kickstand with the bike raised 1 inch and have ran 55 series tires and have the kickstand mod done and never had any issues. It did lean a little further but as long as your able to park on flat ground you should be good.

Talk about a PITA kickstand...the one on my brother's RT is a real pain to use, your toe has to extend it around the cylinder head...he's almost dropped it several times trying to set the stand...he even welded a big old piece on it after-that cured the issue.

Well, my solution was to modify the kickstand bracket. I bought a used one on Ebay and I cut off the section the stand bolts to and changed the angle. I filleted the cuts and TIG welded it back together with Carbon steel rod. I was not too sure about cutting and welding the kickstand.

Don't know if you figured anything out by now but I have the stock kickstand with the bike raised 1 inch and have ran 55 series tires and have the kickstand mod done and never had any issues. It did lean a little further but as long as your able to park on flat ground you should be good.
Same here, +1 links, 190/55, stock kickstand (with mod) and no issues.

Hey, I remember on my last busa cutting a little out of the stopper forward of the kickstand so it goes further forward, it was recommended since they said the bike tips off the stand easily. I haven't checked it this time around but is that still a typical mod?

Hey, I remember on my last busa cutting a little out of the stopper forward of the kickstand so it goes further forward, it was recommended since they said the bike tips off the stand easily. I haven't checked it this time around but is that still a typical mod?

Yep, Gen3's are falling over like the Gen1's and Gen2's.
For the regular Busa guys here that know this(as our Busa's have fallen off the kickstands), is one thing, for the new Busa owners(like we all once were), this is total BS.
Somebody at Suzuki honestly and truly needs their ass beaten for never correcting this, among their other long list of faults.
It makes it real easy to see why certain businesses fail...because of stuff like this.
I have always been a Suzuki fan, but have come to despise them as a company in recent years.

When I bought my hayabusa it was lowered in front and back. I have a PSR kick stand that was adjustable for both up and down. When I set my bike back to stock ride height I was able to have someone hold the bike upright and set the stand where it made me happy.

Yep, Gen3's are falling over like the Gen1's and Gen2's.
For the regular Busa guys here that know this(as our Busa's have fallen off the kickstands), is one thing, for the new Busa owners(like we all once were), this is total BS.

I have always been a Suzuki fan, but have come to despise them as a company in recent years.
lol, yes it's a shocker! Did they do it to sell spare parts? Anyway do you have a pic of the cutout, it was on the stop from memory, just a couple of mm? I'd rather not experiment.

lol, yes it's a shocker! Did they do it to sell spare parts? Anyway do you have a pic of the cutout, it was on the stop from memory, just a couple of mm? I'd rather not experiment.

I do not, but Red/ @Rojo posted the link in another thread recently.
I'll see if I can find it, or he may post it here since I tagged him.
And yes, it is only a small amount of material removed, and only takes about a minute with a Dremel or small grinding bit, or you can use a file if need be.

IMG_0034.jpeg

Attack Motorcycle GIF

Thank you ~ come again *

View attachment 1678046
View attachment 1678047
Thank you ~ come again *

Thanks Red!

1707401392921.jpeg

Perhaps they would like before & after #KickStandMod done *

1707401468660.jpeg

leaned over against a sturdy tree ~ then just file away at the notch *

Last edited: