Long trip/ broken clutch lever.

Bruce Bell

Registered
I took a trip to Laconia bike week yesterday with a friend. It's about a 150 miles one way, lots of them with nothing around for miles. Well my friend dropped his bike at a intersection, just a unlucky mishap, well he broke his clutch lever. This is in the middle of nowhere. Well what do you do? Brake lever no big deal, a clutch lever.... A fellow (local)biker stop by and said that there was a shop down the road from where we were. Great, so we made it to the place, to find out it was a small shop that dealt with Harley s, what a bunch of *******s. What is it with these people? I felt like I walked in on a KKK meeting(LOL). Well back to the clutch lever, Mr. ******* behind the counter said there was a junk tool store down the road where I went and bought a small pair of vise gripes. We manage to pinch the broken lever back together to be able to pull the cable. I'm thinking it a good idea to have a spare lever in the tool box. It could happen to anybody. And to the HD guys at that shop:moon:

Mini Pair of vise grips in tool pouch is a useful item. Yes I am noticing this also from Harley riders while on my Busa. It wasnt bad when I had my VMAX I even been to some of the hardest core biker bars on my VMAX but I would think twice now riding a Busa up to one. Here in TN everyone waved to me while on my VMAX, but I would say only 50% of Harley riders wave back while on the Busa.

"If Harley made an airplane, would you fly in it"

Tony Nitrous

Registered
Ex-Mrs broke a couple of levers learning to ride.
Not destroyed, just broke ball and inch or two off the end.
I put them under her seat, they're fine as a "get me home".

Mate binned his Triumph on a ride last year,
one allen key and one screwdriver handle
(and a bit more tape after the pic was taken)
and he had a 180 mile ride home under his belt.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Big Bo

Registered
Its the vibrating of the brains that hurt these morons. At least the ones that have a few brain cells.

pashnit

Site Sponsor
Registered
I'm thinking it a good idea to have a spare lever in the tool box. It could happen to anybody. And to the HD guys at that shop:moon:
Highly recommended.

I've carried a spare set in the trunk of the busa for years.

Although at 'years & 1 day' had the bike tip over while taking a pic on some deserted mountain top & snapped the clutch lever clean off. Duh. First day of 3-day tour : And I'm leading the group. :banghead:

Ya learn.

Also carry a spare set of pegs. Yes, that happened to me also. (Twice). More duh.

In our 'What to Bring on a Pashnit Tour', we also recommend riders carry a spare key while traveling. Just last weekend, we had one of the tour participants lose his key. He had dropped it about a block away on the sidewalk. Lucky.

rashad

Registered
I wonder how many folks clicked on the title of this thread hoping out was about chinese levers! :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJ Galloway