long term ownership and drivability questions

hey wanna ride mine with a stock arm when its done?
no changing the boost controller or tune though lol

j/k
its strictly what your preference is and that is about how most of your responces will be
i personally was a little timid with mine at stock wheelbase but i liked to really beat on the bike and it was prone to lift the front in the 5th and 6th gear when i was pushing it really hard (i dont weigh enough to keep it down lol)

haha yeah 270 suited and Tommys Cole's stage 2 would "KICK" staight up in 3rd and even lift in 4th with me

So, It sounds like the ext swingarm is the way to go. I read on another thread someone (cant remember who) riding in a style that I think will be similar to my own. And that is quick burst with the boast here and there, as apposed to just beating the **** out of the bike. Which sounds like I'll need the ext to keep me from hurting myself :thumbsup:

I've had a Hahn Stage 1 on my 2007 Busa since it rolled off the showroom floor. The bike is set up for touring, alot of 2 up riding. We've never "launched" the bike, but roll into the turbo and have done multiple 170 mph plus runs and 1 run at 201 (Garmin GPS, bike has stock 2007 speedo, so even with speed-o-healer, still need a GPS). Last week was a 2 day 700mile around Arizona in the heat tour to Grand Canyon and back. Handles trips to San Diego and Vegas without issue. Boost is about 7 lbs, last dyno at 217 RWHP. (Running a bit rich to avoid detonation or frying the motor). Completely stock exhaust, no tubo whine. We've used 91 gas since we've had it and synthetic oil religiously every 3,000 miles. The bike gets a cool down run after use and when at home, gets parked in front of a fan to help out. Currently just over 23,000 miles without issue. Gas mileage is excellent, lifetime mileage is 38.9 mpg, although when just cruising with the wife and taking it easy, highway trips at about 40-41 mpg. I think that your riding style will determine the longevity more than most other factors. I don't believe my set up would survive 1/4 mile lauches and long top end runs. I've had good luck with the Hahn, but I have heard some negative reviews of it. This one's worked well though....

Tubro Assm bl'y 2.jpg

100_3233.jpg

2007 Turbo.jpg

2007Turbo Front.jpg

Back