Long Island Ride

PDBusa

who, me?
Donating Member
Registered
Got together with a few board members for a ride today. Group was; myself,JohnStein,2Quik&BusaBabby,CAJ,Djac2163, a guy named Dave on a Triumph(may be a member soon), and a friend of CAJ, Fred. Dave (Triumph Daytona) I met a few weeks ago and let him know about ride. He's a good guy and it was a pleasure meeting him, and those I hadn't met prior. Glyn couldn't make the ride but did meet us at the first meeting point. Start planning for the spring bash Glyn. That is an event you will need to be "sick" for!

We did a ride from The "crotch" of LI, Riverhead, to the South Fork Montauk Point via any road with turns. From there we went back to Sag Harbor, hopped a ferry to Shelter Island, hopped another ferry to the North Fork and hit Orient Point for lunch. Then we headed back west via any road with turns.

The ride was good with a few twisties (and far between) and a couple of short triple digit blasts. As always the quality of people was outstanding and the FLOUNDER pic. at lunch was nice...  
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

There are a few pics to post so bear with me. Djac also was taking pics., but seeing as how he couldn't figure out how to work a gas pump....
tounge.gif

laugh.gif
we won't hold our breath for the pics.!

2Quik gets the furthest away award for joining us from Yonkers ~90 minutes away. However it seemed that John couldn't sleep and just had to travel west to meet them as they got over bridge and onto Island. Yeah, wonder why he has 21,000+ miles on an 05...
cool.gif

Okay, pic 1. 7 Busai and a Triumph!

2point.jpg

Stop one was in Sag Harbor. An old whaling village. This is the second time that no parking sign has made it's way onto board. You'd think they'd just take it down...nobody listens...
wow.gif

BTW, Djac,.exactly who are you talking to
rock.gif

2point__3_.jpg

Montauk Point lighthouse. John said it was pretty funny that all the car alarms were going off as we went through the town... guess the horsepower was excessive!
biggrin.gif

2point__4_.jpg

Stopped at a Marina Restuarant for lunch. That is the booth for Orient Point State Park entrance in background

2point__12_.jpg

A blurry group shot. LtoR
CAJ,Djac21633,JohnStein,Dave,Linda,Mark.
Fred had to jet before we went out on North Fork.
I was looking at the pic of flounder...
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

2point__11_.jpg

And at the last stop... well I'm not exactly sure what was going on...John mentioned something about his zipper stuck. Then Carl tried... the Dave(djac) said "but it's only an 8" one". It was going on long enough for me to go to bike, unlock hump, extract camera,walk back and take pic.. Sorry John, I had to!!
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

2point__13_.jpg

laugh.gif

Okay, that's it. Had a great time. Good people great weather. Thanks all!

(PDBusa @ Sep. 09 2006,18:48) And at the last stop... well I'm not exactly sure what was going on...John mentioned something about his zipper stuck. Then Carl tried... the Dave(djac) said "but it's only an 8" one". It was going on long enough for me to go to bike, unlock hump, extract camera,walk back and take pic.. Sorry John, I had to!!  
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
gonna have to get a new photographer !
rock.gif

you bastid ! [ insert eye pokin smiley face here ] since i cant find it !

laugh.gif

Hey, you get what you pay for! And the attempted humor and obnoxiousness is free! Just a fringe benefit of dealing with a dual personality I guess!!
ghostface.gif

Back