long distance riders tire question for you

card16969

Registered
I usually run 37psi front 32psi rear when im riding around town but for long distance riding what pressure do you run?

Not sure if I'm qualified to answer :whistle:

But I run 42 PSI front and rear when eating miles. maybe even a tad more in the rear for slabbing. I'll drop the front down a tad when sport riding. Really does not make much of a difference in handling IMO with a heavy bike and a heavy rider.

For the slab, probably the max, but any other time make sure IMO that the tires are equal in pressure or the rear is lower. I wouldn't want to be in a corner hard and have the front wash out before the rear. I'm not an expert in a dayum thing, but that's my thoughts.

For the slab, probably the max, but any other time make sure IMO that the tires are equal in pressure or the rear is lower. I wouldn't want to be in a corner hard and have the front wash out before the rear. I'm not an expert in a dayum thing, but that's my thoughts.

i totally agree thats why i usually run 37f 32r ive found the rear digs in well that way in the corners, i just know some guys on here have racked up MAJOR mileage so figured the answer was going to be max pressure but advice from people with experience always helps us newbies, im a ride around all day playing in the streets and country roads not a drive across the country kind of guy

I run the Michelin RD 3s, on the interstate or long rides I normally go with 42, but when I get in the curves I run 38 to 40. I ran one srt of RD3s at 36 on the skyway/ gap and they wore out fast. normal is around 8000 miles for me running 40 to 42.

I run the Michelin RD 3s, on the interstate or long rides I normally go with 42, but when I get in the curves I run 38 to 40. I ran one srt of RD3s at 36 on the skyway/ gap and they wore out fast. normal is around 8000 miles for me running 40 to 42.

alright ive got the front at 42 and rear is at 38 i might go bump the rear up to 42 when i finish loading up the bike tonight

i run my rear 2-3 pounds less than the front (41F-38R) when doing long distance as it heats up more and i end up with 44 in each once the tires heat up :beerchug:

never had the ability to accurately put air in as i dont have a compressor at home and the only place with free air i can barely reach the stems....still need to do a 90 degree stem set up.

never had the ability to accurately put air in as i dont have a compressor at home and the only place with free air i can barely reach the stems....still need to do a 90 degree stem set up.

Try your local bike shop (bicycle shop). You would be amazed at how well today's high volume bike pumps work. One should run you about $30, I use one and have no complaints.

Back